Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts

Hard words from Doornbos

http://www.ad.nl/sport/article2028948.ece

Babelfish translation:
    Robert Doornbos have Minardi team USA, the team with which he made one's debut successfully last year this way in the Champ Car World serials, an ultimatum delivered.
    Robert Doornbos, when the Australian team boss Paul Stoddart and co-owner Keith Wiggins does not succeed in the short term raise the budget for 2008 considerably, will be test the rotterdammer luck elsewhere. thorn bunch was lacking the past three days on the circuit of Sebring (Florida) at the first test of the new season. He let the meeting from money-saving considerations shoot consciously. , moreover it goes up at that test that short baantje nevertheless nowhere for.' ' Minardi team USA were, however, present at the first meeting of the Champ Cars on Sebring, but deserved there especially money by means of the brought with dollars of the Venezuelan Ernesto Viso. Next month stands the second official test on the programme, in Laguna Seca. , there I must be of course, however, at, ' ' thorn bunch thinks. , it is important that I sit there in the car.' '

Or the number three of the previous season on the boasted job in California in the black bolide of Minardi teams USA will be step, still doubtful again. According to thorn bunch the renstal has financial problems. , it has not succeeded them so far find titelsponsor, ' ' he explains. , I have astonished myself about that. The third place of previous season was the bests ever in the history of Minardi.' '

Initially thorn bunch had to be senses for 2008 put on the vacant zitje in the cockpit at Newman/hare, for years the authoritative team in the Champ Car World serials. , it went between gravy tin Wilson and me. They have eventually chosen for him. Perhaps he himself has a large sponsor taken along? My CV is, finds more impressively I, however, something. But well, something like that can happen.' '
    Minardi team USAS enjoy, thus he insures, still its preference. But then absolute more money will be generated will have. , twenty per cent will have will be invested more in the development of the carriage, ' ' thorn bunch puts. , halfway the previous season that stopped already.' ' It was, thus he, one of the causes claim that he the championship at the lock stage of the serial gambled. , and I want very gladly win that title.' '

Minardi team USAS worked last year with a budget of wide ten millions dollar, this way thorn bunch values in. Five millions dollar less than Newman/hare. , there ordinary more money must come. Further we have to all tool in hands win the title.' ' Over largely a month he hopes have clarity on its future. , the ball lies at Minardi. If there is then no longer budget, I choose for mezelf.' '

thorn bunch is not frightened that he without employer comes sit. Jimmy Vasser, mede-eigenaar of PKV, solicitted recently at the 24 hours of Daytona already opzichtig to its hand. , Vasser were, said he, gladly that I am on the market, ' ' thorn bunch laughs. Also Forsythe Racing interest has meanwhile shown. , I do not doubt that I drive this year Champ Cars, ' ' thus thorn bunch. , Steve Johnson, the large boss of the serial, told me - and it sounds oddly that concerning yourself to say - that Champ Cars without me and also Paul Tracy, Graham Rahal and gravy tin Wilson is not possible. It is according to Johnson for a championship important that the frontrunners return.' '
    Thorn bunch = Doornbos

Summary: he wants Minardi to up their game, or he'll move to another team. So far Minardi does not have a sponsor so it will be doubtfull he returns there. Meanwhile, Vasser and Forsythe Racing want to sign him.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slightly better translation from Google, without any thorn bunches

Doornbos is considering departure from Minardi
    By ANDRÉ VENEMA
    ROTTERDAM / MONTE CARLO - Robert Doornbos, Minardi Team USA, which he renstal past year as successful debut in the Champ Car World Series, an ultimatum.
    Image enlarge Robert Doornbos, last year's winner of the GP of Canada. REUTERS PHOTO
    When the Australian teambaas Paul Stoddart and co-owner Keith Wiggins in the short term not manage the budget for 2008 to increase significantly, the Rotterdammer his luck elsewhere test.

Doornbos missing the last three days on the circuit of Sebring (Florida) in the first test of the new season. He left the meeting from cost-saving considerations consciously shooting. ,, Also makes suggestions to that test, that job still nowhere to short.''

Minardi Team USA was present at the first meeting of the Champ Cars at Sebring, but mainly because money earned through the supporting of dollars Venezolaan Ernesto Viso. Next month, the second official test for the programme, in Laguna Seca. ,, That I must of course be so,''believes Doornbos. ,, It is important that I get in the car seat.''

Of the world's number three of the past season on the famous job in California back in the black car of Minardi Team USA will take steps, it is still doubtful. According Doornbos, the renstal financial problems. ,, It is because, until now failed to find a titelsponsor,''he explains. ,, I was amazed that. The third place last season was the best ever in the history of Minardi.''

Initially, Doornbos are phrases for 2008 put on the vacant seat in the cockpit with Newman / Haas, for years the leading team in the Champ Car World Series. ,, It was between me and Justin Wilson. They have finally chosen for him. Perhaps he himself has taken a major sponsor? My resume is, I think, something impressive. Anyway, something might happen.''

Minardi Team USA enjoys, as he assures, are still preferable. But then there will definitely be more money generated.

,, There will be twenty percent more to be invested in the development of the car,''suggests Doornbos. ,, Halfway through the previous season that was already on.''

It was, as he claims, one of the reasons that he is the championship in the final stages of the series verspeelde. ,, I would love to win that title.''

Minardi Team USA worked the past year with a budget of over ten million dollars, as estimated Doornbos. Five million dollars less than Newman / Haas. ,, We need just more money. We all tool with which to win the title.''

In just over a month, he hopes to have clarity about its future. ,, The ball lies with Minardi. If there is no more budget, I choose for myself.''

Doornbos is not worried that he is without employer. Jimmy Vasser, co-owner of PKV, dong recently in the 24 hours of Daytona al opzichtig to his hand. ,, Vasser was, he said, glad that I am in the market,''laughs Doornbos.

Even Forsythe Racing has been interest shown. ,, I have no doubt that I am this year Champ Cars drive,''said Doornbos.

,, Steve Johnson, the big boss of the series, told me - and it sounds strange to say that about yourself - that Champ Cars without me and also Paul Tracy, Graham Rahal and Justin Wilson can. It is against Johnson for a championship important that the frontrunners again return.''

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    " gravy tin Wilson! ??!!!

So Stoddart cannot get the cash. No TRUST, no Red Bull.

Wonder what Stoddart is thinking right now. Total silence from him which is a worry as he likes to talk..

Poor old Tag hoping for the PKV drive and Jimmy is waiting for Doornbos.. three cars KK ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slightly OT, but I realised that Doornbos translates as 'Thorn Bunch' in Dutch and I love how Justin Wilson translates as "Gravy Tin Wilson" LOL!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seppefan
    " gravy tin Wilson! ??!!!

So Stoddart cannot get the cash. No TRUST, no Red Bull.

Wonder what Stoddart is thinking right now. Total silence from him which is a worry as he likes to talk..

Poor old Tag hoping for the PKV drive and Jimmy is waiting for Doornbos.. three cars KK ?
    I thought it was Muermans and not Trust who supported Doornbos. Certainly was their name on the car! Most of the money probably came from PS himself though (OzJet).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
    I thought it was Muermans and not Trust who supported Doornbos. Certainly was their name on the car! Most of the money probably came from PS himself though (OzJet).
    Your correct, my mistake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
    Just noticed on the Sebring pics posted by Sanguin that Viso's car has Muermans on the rear wing still.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Trust was on the Minardi's in the European rounds. But they certainly won't be a big sponsor this year. I heard somewhere that Muermans was co-owner of the team, but I do not know if that is correct.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also, Red Bull was a personal sponsor for Doornbos, and not a full blown team sponsor.
    What is Indy?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it just me or...if Robert Doornbos will leave CC, am I the only one who thinks that the fanatics will add this guy on the hate list?

Here's what I'm waiting for these guys to say:

"Justin Wilson is more loyal and talented than Robert, for sure".
    "Robert isn't loyal to CC anyway".
    "He's just like Cotman, Matos, Hunter-Reay, Allmendinger, that the series is better without them".
    "Lawyers are the best investment"....Tom Leykis