Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malllen
    But would Bernie erase the North American market completely? can he reeaalllllly be that stupid?? Right guys?? :\
    Sure he would. Britain, Canada, Australia, in fact anywhere that a) doesn't have tobacco sponsorship and b) pay him £50 gazillion immediately, he would dump at a second's notice.

All praise the holy god Dollar. Amen.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Amen.

i say screw them all, take it all off to those countries where the tobaaco ads run wild and free

Praise the lord and pass that plate of cash to benie

The rest of you brothers and sisters have another drink of the kool aid, and then let me hear you say from the bottom of your heart AND HOLD NOTHING BACK, BECAUSE HE IS LISTENING!!!

AMEN
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    What do you suppose the BRDC does that they are not trying to do now....

a) rob a bank
    b) print their own money
    c) threaten to blow up parliament (oh, that's been tried already.....)
    d) all of the above

gEEEEAAAASSS wILKO, Well, have you not learned your lessons of history??

Answer to your question is NONE of the above.

Simple , sell it to benie's personal company, and suddenly the wisdom of holding the race will become very clear....of course legalizing thos tobaaKA ads would help with the clarity of vision for one and all
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Actually guys, I think you're about three years out of date with your thinking.

Consider, how many F1 teams actually have tobacco sponsorship?
    Ferrari, and...? No others! There is even very little alcohol sponsorship too.
    So that is no longer the issue, in fact Bernie himself has stated that races are potentially going to lose their places if they don't fit in with European TV timeslots..

I think I have finally worked out what Bernie's Silverstone problem is though, and it has very little to do with the facilities etc.. (Considering the ever-increasing number of temporary events which surely cannot have as effective paddock facilities as Silverstone..)

No, I think the real problem is Bernie himself. He took a team which was a formerly race-winning outfit which was falling further behind the pace and turned them into a multiple championship-winning outfit with major international sponsorship deals and works engine contracts, then took F1 from a relatively minor special interest sport into one of the world's most-watched and internationally recognised sports.
    I think he is just frustrated, as someone who is immensely proud of his country's successes and does not see failure as an option, as to why Silverstone has not achieved the same heights as he has in his organisations..

I also think he would love to take it over and turn it into one of the world's top racing facilities (instead of heliports!), but the BRDC do not want to lose sight of club/national racing, which I think Bernie would happily forgo in order to achieve a higher 'status' for Silverstone.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    agree

Tobacco is a thing of the past for F1, while's Bernie greed is still a current issue(and maybe more than ever), if a country allows tobacco sponsorship is not gonna help much if they want a F1 race there.
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I hope siulverstone does loose the race. Two reasons, F1 has totlally lost the plot as both a "sport" and a spectacle, secondly have you ever been to the place and seen some of the so called spectator facilities?

Grandstands with no roofs (you either fry or drown), dirt "viewing" banks (grandstands are for the privileged corporate visitros), ancient toilet blocks, and rip-off catering.

Good riddance!
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1

Farewell to the Australian, British...

Hello Portugal!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Good job Bernie. Really good job.
    Just keep taking those races to countries where the people actually have no interest in F1 like China and Bahrain and get rid of the races where the people are actually excited and really care about racing, like Silverstone and Monza.

I wonder if Bernie thinks the UK government should fund racing (silverstone) as massively as for example they did in Bahrain.

I don't feel that a penny of Government money should go to Silverstone. In this case, motorsport (not all of it, but much of it, and especially F1) is its own worst enemy. F1 likes to portray itself as being very cash-rich, and it is. Thus, the general perception of all motorsport by the general public is that it is overflowing with money, and even lowlier series do little to dispel this. Why then, the non-enthusiast public would be forgiven for asking, should the taxpayer fund the redevelopment of Silverstone? After all, it's not as if the business of motorsport — the bit that's most important to the UK in financial and employment terms — is going to up sticks and leave these shores if the British GP gets cancelled. How much of the revenue from the British GP actually stays in the UK, after all?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Sure he would. Britain, Canada, Australia, in fact anywhere that a) doesn't have tobacco sponsorship and b) pay him £50 gazillion immediately, he would dump at a second's notice.

All praise the holy god Dollar. Amen.
    Yes, and all in favour of those parts of the world that, by comparison with Britain, Canada and Australia, are not known for being located in politically stable regions no matter how many major sporting events are held there.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Hello Portugal!
    + at least 5 hairpins, and no elevation changes :