Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Bezza, the thing is, most Americans don't know how bad Doncaster and Oldham are, and wouldn't care, but they know Beckham was/is a star, so they will give Soccer a look. Of course, 18 years ago, Wayne Gretzky went to LA in the height of his career to establish a solid base for hockey in the US. Well, hockey is all over the place in the US, and half the franchises still cant draw anything close to a profitable crowd a lot of nights. Americans like what they like, and I suspect Soccer, like my beloved hockey are not sports they get too bent out of shape for.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    ... par with Doncaster ....
    Who's a clever pun boy, then? Or a lucky one

John Parr (a local lad, and mildly well known singer) has just written Doncaster's new theme song for their new ground. For those under 30, John Parr's the dad of the male stripper in Hollyoakes. The words par and Doncaster are everywhere in the same breath here at the moment
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Bye bye David, go and schmooze with that shirtlifter out of Top Gun.
    There's nothing like a bit of casual homophobia to complete a post, is there?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    Bezza, the thing is, most Americans don't know how bad Doncaster and Oldham are, and wouldn't care, but they know Beckham was/is a star, so they will give Soccer a look.
    I would diasgree to some extent. Whilst American soccer fans dont know of Doncaster or Oldham, they will know the gulf between the highest level of European football and the MLS. So those who are proper MLS fans will know what a major coup this is
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?