Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    its more a cultural thing i think, in some countries they write about golf, cricket, etc. in other countries about what ever sports.
    Indeed, you can imagine the whinging that takes place in the cycling forum I visit about it getting press time only when someone finds EPO in their medicine bag.
    Small sports whine, when big sports dine.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Indeed, you can imagine the whinging that takes place in the cycling forum I visit about it getting press time only when someone finds EPO in their medicine bag.
    Small sports whine, when big sports dine.
    You have a point, and I have seen it in different sports. The problem with motorsports in Sweden is that huge numbers are active in differnt motorsports, not least folkrace. I can easily accept that folkrace doesn´t make the headlines, but i can not accept that motorsport only does it when death or danger is involved, time and time again.

I know why: journalists are a homogene bunch of *****.
    nevermind; I leave the politics out for this time.

Edit: today there is a proper article on Aftonbladet, which is actually quite informative. Pity though that they do not bring them forward regarding the sport in general.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry to say that in Spain the situation is similar to that of other countries, luckily the vid of Loeb and the gendarme hasn't reached the media.
    We have been lucky enough as to have a fifteen minutes programme of the Monte Carlo, and the expert narrator has decided Latvala is called Jari Mari and Duval is a French driver (although he only made that mistake once) .

It is a shame.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Same here in UK, and I'm also fed up with it. There's no excuse, wait until F1 starts. Why the bias in favour of F1 instead of WRC, what are the F1A doing? Nothing!! The press and media are zombies, all blind, stupid, etc....I could go on but I won't!!!
    i think it is not media who is blind and stupid, it is the most of its readers that is zombies. Not able to think of its own. This is not the first time media writes about something they do not know a **** about, but thats not their job either. They are just trying to make headlines, and the people who buys it and believs every word of it are the ones that are stupid... The media has done a great work again because they got the headlines that they were working on!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiorio
    Same in Portugal...
    Se a questão são artigos das provas do WRC, entao nao será bem assim. No Autosport tem dado sempre uma capa com algo relacionado e, desta vez, foi com Loeb e o C4 na capa toda!

In Portugal nowadays in the opens TV, the difference between F1 and WRC is not much. Little coverage from both with the normal stuff: 1 day with fastest laps from F1 to who won it(20-30s) and another 20-30s per day, every day, when theres a WRC rally on. Monte Carlo was no exception. Even so, and because the F1 is coveraged in a pay channel(a sports one, the most expensive channel here) from 2007, we get 1h of WRC every sunday night at the last day of the rally.(Last sunday was no exception and i didn´t missed it of course it was great).

Even the Autosport here, they put in frontal page with WRC content when theres a WRC rally. The last one:

The problem is that the pay channel doens´t show anything( a complete ZERO) about WRC. From a sports channel, is a great frustration.

Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Reading all the above I must admit we are privileged in our small island of Cyprus.

The WRC is in the press and TV since year 2000 when our event was first included in the WRC.

You can watch the preview (30 min), review (52 min) and PWRC/JWRC (30 min), programs of any event both on pay and free TV channels. The press shows even more interest in PWRC after a Cypriot driver entered (S.Pavlides).

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    I was happy with this article (down my text). It was written by the second newspaper of Netherlands and by their self called: The sport newspaper. For the first time I found a in depth article. I don't know it was in the newspaper. But on internet it was. A big step forward here. Nothing found about the results :\

http://www.ad.nl/sport/article1999417.ece

Translation:

Loeb goes on hunt for unique record

In Monaco Thursday is the first of a new year in the world championship rally (WRC).

All eyes are focused on as a matter of course Sebastien Loeb. The French driver focuses on the 2008 hunt for a unique record, his fifth world title.

It will even get used. For Loeb. After eight years missing the name of Marcus Grönholm this year on the startlist. The Finn, nicknamed Mr.. No Panic, recently stopped. He hoped along with his brother-in-law and navigator Timo Rautiainen in the Ford Focus farewell to be taken with its third global crown, but lost in the last weekend of the rally of Great Britain yet to Loeb.

Grönholm was the most feared opponent of the Frenchman, for years the figurehead of Citroën. The Fin and he joegen display behind the wheel to great heights. Pech and uncompromising driving style of Grönholm - his right foot was in love with the throttle - were more titles in the road, than those of 2000 and 2002. ,, But,''said Rautiainen,,, I am sure that Marcus gets a place in the row with other Finnish rally legend as Tommi Mäkinen, Juha Kankkunen and Ari Vatanen.''

Loeb, he considered his fourth world title last winter because of the fascinating battle with Grönholm as his finest ever, is in Monaco as a favorite begun. Not just about the most prestigious rally from the entire cycle for the fifth time winner process, but also as possibility on the global crown. If he end of November in Wales champion again, then rewrite the history books Loeb. Never in the 35-year history of the WRC driver won a five world.

The Frenchman is an exceptional talent. Initially, he had absolutely nothing to do with cars. Loeb wild in his younger years gymnast, just like his father. For his twelfth he had all four regional titles on his bag homeland, Alsace. But after high school start fast cars to stimulate his senses. Peugeot takes him in the youth team. Loeb can gain experience. Soon, the driver from Haguenau on extraordinary driver skills, insight and sophistication to do so. In 1997 he forms a duo with Daniel Elena, the Monegask has since settled his co-pilot.

Citroën pikt the talent a year later. In 2001 he conquers the vehicle manufacturer the world title in the Rally Super 1600, the forerunner of the World Cup for juniors. Teambaas Guy Frequelin is convinced, he gives his young countryman 2002 for a fabrieksauto in the WRC.

The first two seasons between the big boys for Loeb apprenticeship. He wins While regular rally, Grönholm and Norwegian Petter Solberg, the French newcomer as yet even at a distance. In 2004, in the Xsara, took him through six wins, however, place on the throne. The following year prolongeert Loeb world title with the force majeure (ten victories).

The rally of France flikt he never previously shown a trick: Loeb wins first pilot ever klassementsproeven all in a rally. In 2006 and 2007 no one succeeds is the Frenchman off as king of the rally. Like Michael Schumacher - just as dedicated and professional as he - ever in Formula 1 did, he is also brutally.

Mikko Hirvonen is widely regarded as Loebs main challenger. The Fin grew by Ford under Grönholms wings into a star. ,, It will be difficult to increase the role of Marcus in the team to take over,''Sun expects Hirvonen,, but I am ready. I have the last two seasons many of Marcus learned, it is now time for me to strike. I will show that I can compete for the world title.''

Liked 299 Times in 210 Posts
    Same media problem in France anyway

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Here it is the same as in most countries. When there is an accident or a famous men who died like Colin McRae, than there is some media coverage. The rallies where Duval can start, we have a bit media coverage but not that much. For the national championship here in Belgium, it is not so bad.

I must say that we even had media coverage about the 24 hours of Dubai in the newspapers... Here is much more coverage for circuit races than for rally, unfortunately.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    same as china
    most of media do not see it,it's petty see wrc come down