Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmcot
    Even if he is completely fair, any ruling that favors Ferrari or is against a rival team will bring the wrath of the Ferrari bashers on him. It's a no-win situation.
    That is exactly what I was trying to say!!!!
    ÑBA I love this game! :up:

Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    That is exactly what I was trying to say!!!!
    If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere*

It's very doubtful that the FIA would allow him to continue those links once in the job.....but the same things that could be suggested about this guy could be said of anybody considered qualified to do the job.

At the moment, some bloke who once did PR for a team is probably as neutral as you could get.

*(That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tamburello
    If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere
    That makes perfect sense, just not to the anti-Ferrari coalition!
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If there is going to be a full-time steward with experience, then he (or she) is going to have to had some links to a team somewhere*

It's very doubtful that the FIA would allow him to continue those links once in the job.....but the same things that could be suggested about this guy could be said of anybody considered qualified to do the job.

At the moment, some bloke who once did PR for a team is probably as neutral as you could get.

*(That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)
    You really scare me!!!!! So the best man for the job Michael Schumacher????? which is his experience as a steward??? in fact as a driver he was not probably the cleanest one...

If the guy leading the steward is barely attached (in any form) to a team it is going to be a disaster, cause he won't look fair to the other teams and the fans. Therfore we will see more controversy everytime there is some action on track!

You really lost it mate!

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I think there's a strong argument for there to be an ex-driver as a steward. What experience do those who have done the job so far have of racing these cars, and competing? How can they judge incidents without that kind of experience?

The only view against the idea when I've talked about this with an ex-driver is the fact that retired racing drivers may not particularly want to spend their time travelling to every GP to do this kind of job. That may be an argument for having a number of different ex-drivers as stewards throughout the season, but then there is the problem of consistency
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am in for training some drivers to become stewards but please not Michael Schumacher. Or we will see everybody parking his car at La Rasccase and nobody complaining...

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Well, if a driver knew the tricks by heart, he'd be better able to judge them wouldn't he?
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

That being the case, my vote for the job goes to Schumi!)
    Quote Originally Posted by samuratt
    You really lost it mate!
    Rather that you have lost your sense of humour.

It was a joke.