Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Snowboards and Subarus do mix!

Some of you have seen the still photos of this last month in the Americas Asia-Pacific forum, but here is the full video trailer of DC Mountain Lab 1.5

Ken Block in his Sam Murray prepared GroupN STi after the Otago rally last fall went down south to do some work for DC Shoes' upcoming Mountain Lab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av0VsTxJd78

Enjoy!
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXedUSA
    Yes.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    this totally kicks ass, its just fooling around and it cant be called rally, but hey it looks like great fun! Synchronized jumping and the Subaru pulling the snowboarders uphill its great!!

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Must admit between Ken Block and Pastrana they are really getting our sport of rallying to the general public. Shows that you don't have to be at a rally to be exposed to it.

I have seen pics of the two cars of Block and Pastrana at baseball games in the USA, they also chill with the Metal Mulisha freestyle motocross team and have done demos there.

Great that they are using their rally cars like this to promote the sport!

Good video too! (just the noise of the rallycar would have been better than the crap music)....
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan
    Must admit between Ken Block and Pastrana they are really getting our sport of rallying to the general public. Shows that you don't have to be at a rally to be exposed to it.

I have seen pics of the two cars of Block and Pastrana at baseball games in the USA, they also chill with the Metal Mulisha freestyle motocross team and have done demos there.

Great that they are using their rally cars like this to promote the sport!
    Pretty sad in my opinion, in a sence that this doesn't represent the sport at all. More like a circus act to me (just like his 60 ft jump or something). But (the average) Americans love a good show, so if it works, it works...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is great. It doesn't represent the sport but obviously that is a rally driver in a rally car and it will get people to check out rallying who otherwise wouldn't have any interest (like 99% of americans).

Most of you have coverage of the sport so you can't comprehend why things like this are so important for those of us without.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Pretty sad in my opinion, in a sence that this doesn't represent the sport at all. More like a circus act to me (just like his 60 ft jump or something). But (the average) Americans love a good show, so if it works, it works...
    I thought the same 3 years ago when they first got into the sport, and when the Xgames were announced. Then, I actually met the guy for the first time this year, and understood his commitment to the sport, the REAL sport of rallying. He's under no illusions that this promo work is rally.

He memorializes what I'm trying to explain here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI72zMjRlY0

Pay special note of his comments about 2pass recce and the disadvantage it is to rally in america. (Bonus coverage of Gilmour/Macneal's horrible crash at the end)

I doubted that blending the "Xgamers" into rallying would work, but I have again been proven wrong.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    The americans know very well how to do it! In Europe teams want more exposure, in america they have more exposure. This idea of putting a rally car on a snow track is excelent as a promo work!
    Three gears are enough!