Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Can Subaru recover with Richards back at the helm?

Good to see Richards with his focus back on rally. It seems that since the F1 deal fell through he's putting some time back into his ailing rally team.

I also noticed (on All Access) that Petter has a new engineer who made comments to the effect that they know what the problems are on the current car and are working on them as best they can. This is a 180 from the "mystery issues" the team faced while filming the Discovery Turbo documentary.

The elephant in the room always seemed to be the tires. Maybe this control tire will solve some of their woes with the current car?

Petter seems upbeat, but then again he's paid to be.
    Will the staff replacements matter? Will the new car be just what the Dr ordered?

Love to hear people's thoughts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm expecting a mighty comeback. The car (N14) has been in development for well over a year, Subaru has put their full commitment into the WRC by designing a new car, and now Prodrive has to get things squared away for their charge to the front. There seems to be this common sense of alleviation once fans found out that Richards was now the new team principal.

A lot of people doubted Petter when he mentioned in an interview that the car will be ready by Greece. Petter and Subaru had their best showing last year at Greece; it was their first podium in what felt like ages. The team is strong at this rally, so I'll expect a brand new car rolling off the line by then.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I belive SWRT with him is much better. Also the new impreza is developing now for long time and prodrive told design engineers (what they want to have- space and karaktristics to suit for rallying) to make car better so if they dont succes now there almost imposible to get back on top.

i belive n14 will be equation for winning
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    I don't have much faith in them anymore...i would be more than happy to prove me wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Same here, normally when somebody from Subaru opens their mouth out drops a load of sh!t, it's difficult to belive what they say.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Same here, normally when somebody from Subaru opens their mouth out drops a load of sh!t, it's difficult to belive what they say.
    i agree but now about n14 i have different feling

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well the Monte was a positive showing for them. I hope they do improve. I do think Chris is the future for them now though.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I do believe that now it's different. With Subaru Prodrive created their little empire. Now when there ain't F1 to replacing it anymore it'll be far too important to David Richards. You saw it with your own eyes, didn't you. He was actually there, way more active than in last years.

He said they had a three different teams working at that moment. One in Monte, obviously, one in Sweden testing and some recourses at the factory, developing the new car.

I'm confident Subaru will improve. Hell, they already did last weekend.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Well the Monte was a positive showing for them. I hope they do improve. I do think Chris is the future for them now though.
    Thats true, but if i remember right so was monte good for them last year too, i belive too atkinson is the guy they should focus on, he has a good attitude, drives more than cry, also he dont give up soon as he get a insect in the windscreen.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Thats true, but if i remember right so was monte good for them last year too, i belive too atkinson is the guy they should focus on, he has a good attitude, drives more than cry, also he dont give up soon as he get a insect in the windscreen.
    Looks like monte carlo suits him but he had more good rallies last year just car was a big problem