Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    the difference in driver skills this season is so vast so position won;t make any difference.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah, I wonder how long this happines will stay when we have watched couple of rallies where leading drivers will not push until sunday. Or we are whole the time guessing if they are pushing or not till sunday. Or when we will see cars stopping deliberately.

I will enjoy rally of Sweden very much because after it there is no many non-tarmac rallies where real competition starts from the first day. Argentina is other where the road position doesn't matter. Otherwise we will perhaps see mainly tactical battles for the first two days.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    by the way...tyre wear is worse when there is loose gravel on the road? or the opposite ?

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    if we are talking for the same type of tyre ,yes the rough surface will wear faster the tyre
    in the other way, if you put a tyre special for rough surfaces it is not going to wear more
    this is just for wear, no cuts etc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Can't believe people are complaining about this rule The next thing they should do is ban splits into the cars during stages.
    It's because some of us have the memory of spending hard earned money to spectate at farces like Rally Aus 2000. What a nightmare that rally was! 2 days of watching guys go purposely slow and one day of actual racing when half the field had retired. Plus tactics like Burns faking a puncture in control etc.

I'm all for more competitiveness but I am not convinced that this is the way to go. I can't see that the teams won't start to adopt the tactics that they used through that period. I am very happy to be proven wrong though.

Can’t agree with you more on the split thing!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    To be fair, Rally Australia was a special case due to the extremely slippery surface, and it's now out of the calendar.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has the FIA introduced specific and actionable penalties for drivers who do employ gamesmanship to avoid running first on the road (i remember Carlos Sainz "stalling" once 100m from stage finish at the end of day 2)?