Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no reverse starting order!?

I just realized during the rally that there is no more reversed driving order. Is that really the case also on gravel? I haven't seen any talk about it despite the fact that this new rule will absolutely change the nature of competition. My guess is that in most gravel rallies we will no more see flat-out driving from top-guys before it's sunday. Also we will not possibly see big gaps between top 6 because less competitive drivers are starting from considerably better road condition. At least that was the case before the rule of reversal staring order. It might be little bit different now because half of the stages are driven twice. But I am still massively worried. I have no interest to follow such rally where top-guys are two days just trying to get second or third for the final day.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yeah does anyone know the reason they got rid of this rule? If they want to simplify rallying then this recent change isnt such a good move. It was daft when drivers were dropping back or purposely incurring time penalties.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does the FIA need any logical reason to do things?
    Maybe they were afraid of a Loeb domination, so they let him sweep the gravel roads on his way to victory, to make the difference wit his competitors a bit smaller.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Also 'new' for 2008, Superrally on Sunday not possible anymore, so if you have to retire on sunday game over.
    In 2007 if you managed to get car in Parc Ferme you got 5 min penalty per missed ss but still got clasified, this is not the case anymore in 2008.
    Also some other minor changes like 15 min service in the morning instead of 10 and there is 15 min at end of leg 3 BEFORE the cars go to the podium...
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my opinion a rule to love or hate. But it obviously makes it a bit more close competition (with asphalt excluded), and therefore not such a bad move from the FIA this time. Besides, this is how it's been for years, until 4 or 5 years ago. Not that it all depends on it, but championships where much intenser back then.

Next move is to ban Super Rally.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think this new rule don't harm in Sweden and Argentina where the road position is usually quite meaningless. But I think that Australia for instance will be catastrophe. Drivers are waiting split times in order to watch next days positions - they might even stop in the stage or drive like a mum in order to drop one or two positions. It will be so silly. I can promise that we will see interesting tactical fights but I am not necessarily sure if I spend my day hours watching split times IF drivers are not driving flat out. That will be interesting to see. We might see Loeb being deliberately second or third after staurday in quite a few rally!
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    I think this new rule don't harm in Sweden and Argentina where the road position is usually quite meaningless. But I think that Australia for instance will be catastrophe. Drivers are waiting split times in order to watch next days positions - they might even stop in the stage or drive like a mum in order to drop one or two positions.
    Well, no problem this year since Australia ain't on the calender. I seem to remember this only happened in the 2000 edition, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Josti
    Well, no problem this year since Australia ain't on the calender. I seem to remember this only happened in the 2000 edition, but correct me if I'm wrong.
    And IF Australia manages to get WRC back in 2009 or 2010 it will not be at the nice Perth, where the typical red ball bearing gravel was so difficult to master.
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    This rule just baffles me. Why punish the Championship leader by running first on the road? It creates a level playing field when there shouldn't be. The Championship leader should be able to choose were he starts. But that's life - that's what happened during the 'Glory Years' of the WRC so we shouldn't really complain, I suppose.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    The leader knowing what the other guys are doing before he starts is worse then slowing down and giving up the leader position, IMHO. The first one destroys the competition, the second makes it a lot more interesting.