Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    From reading MNews, it looks as though ITV4 are going to promote it properly. Well done, it's a pity they didn't do that with the WRC coverage. However it looks as though ITV4 we soon be the ITV Sport channel.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    With F1 off to BBC, the BTCC will soon be ITVs only motorsport coverage (aside from Eurosport's WTCC highlights programme)! They've now got rid of F1, rally and superbikes in the past year - hopefully not just a matter of time before BTCC disappears?!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I think this will be the last year of BTCC on ITV. I would accept the loss of live coverage if the BBC put together a really good highlights program, shown just before or after the GP? The BTCC highlights packages in the late 90s were really top notch.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I hope they don't get rid of the live coverage, surely it would be like taking a step backwards? See ITV have announced the 2008 line-up:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...4ab5fc3e1affaa

Personally I would get rid of Ted and have Angus Scott. I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good! Hopefully not another Dawn McDaniel!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wasnt this live ITV4 deal for 3 years?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I think live TV coverage on a major channel is so vital to any sport nowadays that TOCA would be mad to let it slip away.

Glad to see Steve Rider presenting the BTCC again, albeit for one race only.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    I hope they don't get rid of the live coverage, surely it would be like taking a step backwards? See ITV have announced the 2008 line-up:

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...4ab5fc3e1affaa

Personally I would get rid of Ted and have Angus Scott. I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good! Hopefully not another Dawn McDaniel!
    No, oh no, remember her from BSB, she was hopeless....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ATF
    I I vaguely remember her (Rio!!) from BSB but can't remember if she was any good!
    It was only last year! ....and she seemed to be quite competent.
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Angus Scott works for Sultana Sports now, so he won't be there. Good to hear Steve Rider is on board at Brands. Just like old times!

Not too impressed with that story though, stating that Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards have been the commentary team since 2002. What about the much missed Will Hoy?! He was the main co-commentator in 2002 when his Honda Racing duties didn't get in the way.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Angus Scott works for Sultana Sports now, so he won't be there. Good to hear Steve Rider is on board at Brands. Just like old times!
    Shame we're stuck with Ted "I work in F1, you know" Kravitz for the rest of the season tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    Not too impressed with that story though, stating that Tim Harvey and Ben Edwards have been the commentary team since 2002.
    Indeed, Tim was still racing with VLR then!