Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with DAVE!

We will just have to wait for TOCA to confirm what TV company they have decided on!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They announced it at media day last year.
    I'm hoping they go for the format used at the last few races last season - race 1 full rerun and race 2 live on itv4 then race 2 live on itv1. I couldn't afford to go to Knockhill last year so thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole day's action at home.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    Dave wouldn't be too bad... if racing were to overrun or be delayed for whatever reason it just means they'll postpone an episode of Top Gear you've already seen 16 times before; whereas on ITV1 the schedules (i.e. Corrie) would have to take priority.
    Last year The Plannets Funniest Animals (standard ITV schedule-filler) followed the BTCC coverage - if the BTCC overran they just cancelled TPFA - no many people would get upset over that!
    Thompp - Checkout my UK motorsport images http://www.peterthompsonphotography.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive just cancelled Setanta as its not worth £9.99 a month. Far to much foreign football and not enough motorsport.
    As long as its on a freeview channel, I don't mind!
    Although I used to love Motors TV all day coverage.

According to the ITV schedule people NONE of the BTCC will be on ITV 1 - the plan is that the show will open with a BTCC race at around 12.30 pm on ITV 4 and run through the afternoon with all three of the BTCC races shown live. Some of the support races will be fitted in around the 'main event' as best as they can either live or recorded from earlier on raceday. Clearly the support series will NOT get the extensive live coverage of previous years.

Live coverage of other sporting events may interrupt the afternoon - the Tour De France is one example - this means on those weekends BTCC race 3 will be pushed later in the day perhaps even to the last event - starting as late as 5.30pm where track curfews allow.

I've checked and according to BTCC regulations the minimum time between their races is 90 minutes.

There's no Setanta or Motors TV live coverage of the support series but they do get a show on ITV 4 on a Tuesday early evening repeated the same night around 11.30 on ITV1

JAS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Setanta last year had:
    BTCC and supports
    DTM
    GP2
    Nascar (Nextel Cup and Busch Series)

...that's more than enough motorsport for most people.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin
    Setanta last year had:
    BTCC and supports
    DTM
    GP2
    Nascar (Nextel Cup and Busch Series)

...that's more than enough motorsport for most people.
    Didn't notcie DTM, thought that was Motors TV?

Just not interested in oval racing!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Motors TV was the best coverage of the whole event for me, always have fond memeroies of wasting my Sundays glued to the support series races, which were great.

The only thing wrong with DAVE is the name, DAVE. I know we all know some one called DAVE, but calling a TV channel DAVE. Whats next NUTTS TV!!!!

Setanntatnnatnennatnnne.........like SKY I wont pay for. Hate football, no really I hate football, and I'm straight.

ITV1 as long as Ted I'm an arrogannt sod Cravits isn't in the Pitt I think everyone will be happy.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thompp

if the BTCC overran they just cancelled TPFA - no many people would get upset over that!
    aww - I like puppies..

Oh, those puppies...... ok agree.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like puppies too,,,,,,,,,

Oh we 're talking about Planets funniset animals aren't we????
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......