Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2008 TV coverage - Live on ITV4

Is it just me or are toca leaving the announcement of a tv deal for the coming season extremely late? If I recall correctly in previous years the tv deal would be announced much earlier in order that teams/drivers would be able to use this information in regards to gaining sponsors etc. I may be being pessimistic here but does this indicate that Alan Gow is struggling to put a decent tv deal in place? but I would hate to see btcc being stuck on a 'minority' channel such as Dave (the new home of the wrc) rather than a prime spot on ITV.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It will surely be announced on media day, no real rush to announce any details is there? As long as I get to watch it, I wouldn't mind if it was on a digital channel - obviously it would be better on ITV1 but the expanded coverage ITV3/4 did was excellent!
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I maybe wrong but I thought the deal announced last year was a three year one?

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator/61
    I maybe wrong but I thought the deal announced last year was a three year one?
    No, just a single year I think.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by norwichsam1
    I may be being pessimistic here but does this indicate that Alan Gow is struggling to put a decent tv deal in place? but I would hate to see btcc being stuck on a 'minority' channel such as Dave (the new home of the wrc) rather than a prime spot on ITV.
    Dave wouldn't be too bad... if racing were to overrun or be delayed for whatever reason it just means they'll postpone an episode of Top Gear you've already seen 16 times before; whereas on ITV1 the schedules (i.e. Corrie) would have to take priority.
    Dave is also the most viewed station for men aged 16-44 outside the five main channels; not a bad target audience for a motor racing series...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cos
    Dave wouldn't be too bad... if racing were to overrun or be delayed for whatever reason it just means they'll postpone an episode of Top Gear you've already seen 16 times before; whereas on ITV1 the schedules (i.e. Corrie) would have to take priority.
    Dave is also the most viewed station for men aged 16-44 outside the five main channels; not a bad target audience for a motor racing series...
    If you notice thought Dave cuts to the adverts at the most in opertune moments during programmes.

But it would share Dave with the WRC so that wouldn't be too bad for many. If it was with Motorsport UK it would be even better. The BTCC and highlights of the TOCA Support series.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can I just add something here at this point of the discussion?

DAVE is allegedly owned by the BBC! Or is certainly part of it!

So the prospect of ITV AND BBC showing the BTCC is, by my reckoning... is at best, very slim!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dave is run by uktv. (it used to be ukg2)

uktv is owned 50% by Virgin Media and 50% by BBC Worldwide (the BBC's commerical concern)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by norwichsam1
    Is it just me or are toca leaving the announcement of a tv deal for the coming season extremely late? If I recall correctly in previous years the tv deal would be announced much earlier in order that teams/drivers would be able to use this information in regards to gaining sponsors etc.
    The TV deal is usually announced on media day. I am sure the drives will have been told what it is already.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont see what is wrong with Dave...
    Please ignore ALL of the above....