Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Kawasaki is a poor cousin in comparison to the big H and the tuning forks.

Yes they are a 'huge' company in relative terms, but it is a little like my local hamburger shop vs McDonalds.

PS: Welcome aboard to our friends at Monster!
    I checked to find the biggest money makers in Japan, ( as far as companies go) to find out how big Kawasaki is in terms of making cash. On the list of the top 100 earners,
    #6 = Honda
    #45 = Suzuki
    #71 = Kawasaki
    #99 = Yamaha
    So it seems that Kawasaki could mix it with their poor Yamaha cousins after all , I guess Mr Kawasaki doesn't have to start flipping burgers just yet. Top money earning company in japan by the way is Toyota.
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxu05
    I checked to find the biggest money makers in Japan, ( as far as companies go) to find out how big Kawasaki is in terms of making cash. On the list of the top 100 earners,
    #6 = Honda
    #45 = Suzuki
    #71 = Kawasaki
    #99 = Yamaha
    So it seems that Kawasaki could mix it with their poor Yamaha cousins after all , I guess Mr Kawasaki doesn't have to start flipping burgers just yet.
    Is this just the motorcycle sector?

If not its like comparing sales of one item off the McDonalds menu against everything on the menu at the local Burger shop.

PS: What year is your data from, could you find comparative information over a 5 year period?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Kawasaki Heavy Industries are an enormous company building helicopters and jets, ships and submarines and trains (including the bullet-train) amongst other things. However, their motorcycle division is the smallest of the big four. That orders Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki then poor lil team green. So they clearly have plenty of financial muscle but given that motorcycles are the smallest area, they would limit what they would spend through it. Their bikes should be aerodynamic though, seeing as they have an aerospace division!
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Is this just the motorcycle sector?

If not its like comparing sales of one item off the McDonalds menu against everything on the menu at the local Burger shop.

PS: What year is your data from, could you find comparative information over a 5 year period?
    The information is for all Japanese Companies, I think Sony was #4 or #5 for example. I am pretty sure the stats are from the end of the last financial year. There may be a revised list soon, but, it was the latest up to date info available.
    Can we stop comparing motorcycles to hamburgers now, you are making me hungry, though I would up chuck if I had to eat one of those revolting things that McDonalds calls a hamburger Give me one from the local corner fish and chip shop any day
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tha_jackal
    Here here! If you look closely at the Kwaka pics from the recent Sepang test, you can see a conveniant black space located nicely above the 'Kawasaki' logo, just about the right size for a certain "Monster" logo maybe? :P

And i was right..

I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LAME ! Monster doesn't look like an official sponsor at all with that dinky little logo. They could have done something really cool with the monster logo but just sticking a tiny sticker on the fairing is cheap!
    go speed racer go

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatman
    LAME ! Monster doesn't look like an official sponsor at all with that dinky little logo. They could have done something really cool with the monster logo but just sticking a tiny sticker on the fairing is cheap!
    That's because they're only a minor sponsor, not the title sponsor. Give it a couple of years to convince them it's worth the plunge and we may see a kick-ass Monster Kawasaki MotoGP team.
    FWIW, I love the 2008 design.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Probably the hole spent great space on the fairing, the space left is only sufficient for small monster

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster
    That's because they're only a minor sponsor, not the title sponsor. Give it a couple of years to convince them it's worth the plunge and we may see a kick-ass Monster Kawasaki MotoGP team.
    FWIW, I love the 2008 design.
    They are the title sponsors of the AMA Kawasaki team and the bike livery and logo size are almost the same.

Livery is nice, last years all green top with black bottom was better though.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...