Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross posting

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Exclamation Cross posting

As an experiment I'm trying out a new feature on the forums for a trial period.

When you start a new thread as well as posting it in the forum you are in, you can also choose a secondary forum for the thread to appear under. This could be useful if your topic potentially spans the interest of more than one forum.

I'm hoping that this will be used sensibly as if it is absued then the feature will be restricted to moderators only.

You can only choose a second forum when starting a new thread, however moderators are able to cross post any existing thread, please contact a moderator if you would like this done (or undone!)
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    As an experiment I'm trying out a new feature on the forums for a trial period....

...I'm hoping that this will be used sensibly as if it is absued then the feature will be restricted to moderators only.
    I haven't been here for a bit to observe actions conducted on this forum, good or bad. Therefore, just so I don't accidently violate the policy here, is there any specific examples that you are able to illustrate ?

BTW - I was wondering about this subject since some drivers/teams/situations I refer to once in a while can be related to other forms of racing activities. Anyways, thanks for bring this up.

Additional note: Thanks guys (Mods) for a job well done (as always) in maintaining this forum.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Admin
    I don't mind really as long as it does have a connection to both the forums you are posting in.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I don't mind really as long as it does have a connection to both the forums you are posting in.
    So say if Lewis Hamilton was doing an interview on Jonathan Ross on Friday night on BBC 2 would that be a good cross post?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    So say if Lewis Hamilton was doing an interview on Jonathan Ross on Friday night on BBC 2 would that be a good cross post?
    Cross post to where? That would just be F1 right?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Chit chat. A lot of F1 fans wouldn't want to look in the F1 forum
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I thought cross posting was when someone wrote ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS LIKE THIS :
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    I thought cross posting was when someone wrote ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS LIKE THIS :
    Or, similar to cross dressing, writing like a member of the opposite sex.. :

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    How about threads already posted before this notice, Who made the cross, It's the thread starter, Mods, or Mods upon the request?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh my post above because I am not quite diligent to observe back tiredly to threads started long time (a month or so) before. I tend to read posts from now onwards.

Sorry for my ignorance