Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem with Rally-Live isn't there...
    They didn't pay what they have to (and not to ISC). No surprise then.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a shame that Rally-Live won't be able to cover WRC anymore. I've been always checked Rally-Live before going to wrc.com since their info is more up to date, and the website overall was much better than wrc.com.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    One thing that i dont understand is why people should pay to have acess to the information?

The stage times are made by the organizers. This happens in all rallyes, event in regional rallyes in eache country. Why on WRC this results need to be paid?

It sucks this way of doing business. We don't see real WRC promotion on media, but we see the promoters acting as they do a great job!
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is a shame, but I guess as with everything it will have come down to money. ISC/North One are not a charity after all!

We'll just have to hope that the new look wrc.com keeps up its impressive new look. And at least its free!! Expecting lots of new video/news content from first rally, up to date interviews, on board clips etc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

rally-live cancelled

seems to me that theres a bit of sour grapes going on here - wrc.com has changed - its gone free - and the old site was pay per play - sounds like wrc.com are trying to get rid of the pay sites rally live could do the free only - love to find out what really happened

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldrons11
    It is a shame, but I guess as with everything it will have come down to money. ISC/North One are not a charity after all!
    Quite right, they are not a charity. Yet, as this sport is essentially a showcase and marketing tool for manufacturers, do you think they'll take it kindly if they can reach potential customers only through one channel and only customers that are willing to pay for the coverage? A few years back Peugeot threatened to withdraw if coverage does not remain free. Paying for the coverage makes sense only if by doing so viewer is not forced to see any commercials at all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    Quite right, they are not a charity. Yet, as this sport is essentially a showcase and marketing tool for manufacturers, do you think they'll take it kindly if they can reach potential customers only through one channel and only customers that are willing to pay for the coverage? A few years back Peugeot threatened to withdraw if coverage does not remain free. Paying for the coverage makes sense only if by doing so viewer is not forced to see any commercials at all.
    I don't understand what you're saying. We DON'T have to pay for the coverage on WRC.COM.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cassius
    love to find out what really happened
    Me too so far we know this only from one side...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i am pretty disapointed with the new wrc website interm of information. i did not even find the screen for any timing. with the old websites there were splits and result for all the rallies and stages going back a couple years.

atleast i have crash.net for the updates, although they aren't as organized.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    This isn't the first and certainly won't be the last time that the ISC have boned a rally site to either shut them down or make life difficult for them. I wonder how soon it will be that the only people who get media passes and tabards will be ISC employees? I wonder if the ISC had a problem with a particular colour scheme rally-live were using or something
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.