Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    So it's war then. Apple declares war on Nokia and Motorolia, It will interesting to see what the mobile phone giants combat this with.
    Does the iphone have a camera? can't recall?

Originally Posted by luvracin
    I worry about the touch screen durability.

My phone is always in my pocket(No ****er clips for me), so I worry the touch screen could get damaged.

Other than that, I like it.
    Same Hear, I think they would have to prove to me that the touchscreen is scratch resistant and durable.
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Same views as the touchscreen durability. But on the whole I dont like how it looks anyway.

And I dont completely see the point? Get a decent Sony Ericsson and you have an MP3 player already, get a big memory card and youre sorted too. Plus you can access the mobile interweb and emails already on a WAP enabled phone, and its on a more basic level which is what I prefer on phones. I dont want a standard web browser crammed onto a mobile screen.

I just dont see any huge advantages
    Im back! Now what'd I miss?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think its a good idea, reduces the amount of clutter already in my pockets
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought it was stupid.

Then I realized how many freaking things I will try to jam into my pockets on any given day.

I'll be interested in it when we see it with more cellular capabilities and more data space. GSM might be great over seas, but CDMA carriers still ahve a wider coverage area here in the US, and Cingular will never get a single cent from me. I'd consider it, but it would have to be 15gig or larger for it to be worthwhile otherwise I wouldn't be able to maximize any of the features on their own to make it worth consolidating to one device (no point in one thing doing 10 things just ok for the sake of having one thing). An ability to wirelessly transfer data between apple products will be a must for me to shell out $500.00 though.

From the sounds of it I think I'll patent iTalk as well...
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    iDiots at Apple forgot to say please when asking permission to use the iPhone name. :
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6250511.stm
    Cisco Systems is suing Apple Computer for trademark infringement in a US federal court, for using the iPhone name.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    Same views as the touchscreen durability. But on the whole I dont like how it looks anyway.

And I dont completely see the point? Get a decent Sony Ericsson and you have an MP3 player already, get a big memory card and youre sorted too. Plus you can access the mobile interweb and emails already on a WAP enabled phone, and its on a more basic level which is what I prefer on phones. I dont want a standard web browser crammed onto a mobile screen.

I just dont see any huge advantages

The funny thing is that Cisco owns the trademark for the name "iPhone" and the phone is not even FCC certified yet so it's a while off and Cisco aren't going to give Apple the iPhone name for free. So basically Apple have released the phone now and it's not on sale so if Nokia, Sony Ericsson and the rest are at all worried they'll simply accelerate any projects they had going and saturate the market before Apple's marketing maching goes into swing. I've always thought "soft" launches were for moronic companies. Why on earth launch a product to the world and not actually start selling it at the same time? Just helps your competitors that's all.

I think it's a bit of a rubbish product anyway. Apple seem to be proclaiming that this is some sort of new product. So many other companies have had this sort of thing out for ages. I also think that looking at the specs of the thing they've vastly misunderstood what people who want to spend US$500 on a phone actually want. I just love on their site how they seem to think this thing is a ground breaking new product when all of the technology is out there and has been done before. Apple are going to stab themselves in the chest with their white handled knife sometime soon.

Bleh!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1_%5bFeed%5d-5

Nokia don't seem to be crapping themselves

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Apple's (AAPL.O: Quote, Profile , Research) iPhone is an interesting product, but its sales goal is not very high, Anssi Vanjoki, the head of the multimedia unit at Nokia (NOK1V.HE: Quote, Profile , Research) was quoted as saying on Thursday.
    Apple unveiled its much-anticipated take on the smart phone on Tuesday, presenting a sleek device with a large screen that combines a phone, an iPod and instant messaging.
    "It is quite an interesting product but it is lacking a few essential features, such as 3G, which would enable fast data connections," Vanjoki, whose multimedia unit is a direct rival to Apple, was quoted as saying by Finnish business daily Taloussanomat.
    Apple's Chief Executive Steve Jobs said it could sell 10 million iPhones in 2008. This would be roughly 1 percent of the number of mobile phones forecast to be sold that year.
    "Apple's objective is not at a very high level," Vanjoki was quoted as saying.
    Vanjoki said Apple's entry would give an additional boost to the market and that the iPhone proved Nokia's multimedia strategy was right.
    "This is another piece of evidence that we have been on the right track from the beginning," he said.
    Nokia said earlier this week it had sold close to 70 million phones with integrated MP3 players last year but analysts say sales of Nokia's music-focused devices account for only a small share of that total.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I have no need for it. I don't want to watch anything on a screen that small regardless of who makes it.
    Exactly my thoughts
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1_%5bFeed%5d-5

Nokia don't seem to be crapping themselves
    He can't be seen quoted "were doomed, doomed i tell you" can he.
    He does make a good point about no 3G, but other than that, if i were looking for a gadged, i might take a serious look at it.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Well the thing is Nokia have little to fear from Apple on this front. When Apple released the iPod it was releasing something to a fairly new market and it was innovative. The market isn't new and the product isn't innovative plus like the article says it doesn't do 3G so there's a big hole there.........