Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BKS outfitting Toseland

The tiger head of BKS leather would be protecting Toseland on track for his debut on motogp year round. This could be the new appearance of BKS into motogp, and the animal icon considered positive as Kawasaki do not use the dragon leather any longer.

pic courtesy of motogp.com

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    the Arlen Ness leathers he used to wear are top quality leathers. I don't really know anything about BKS leather but they look good.
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Like Arlen Ness, the BKS looks good, They remind me to an image of Mack a Volvo related stuff my friend gave me that I couldn't find on searching. It's more resemblance of tiger head than bulldog of Mack.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BKS were the top makers of premium quality made to measure leathers in the UK with them retailing for upto £2000 per suit ($4000)

They've just been bought by Frank Thomas. The old boss of BKS has become Frank Thomas technical director and the BKS made to measure suits will continue to be made in Devon at the BKS factory but there will also be a BKS range of off the peg leathers sold in 52 Frank Thomas dealers (I'm guessing that these will probably be made in Pakistan)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    South Asia like Pakistan, Afghan, probably Bangladesh too, have good quality of leather material.

It could probably material of those produced in Devon were imported from that regions, modernly manufactured resulting better quality product than those the range off.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I believe the best motorcycle leathers are made from kangaroo
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It will be useful, riders can put bottle of drink at the pouch.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    South Asia like Pakistan, Afghan, probably Bangladesh too, have good quality of leather material.

It could probably material of those produced in Devon were imported from that regions, modernly manufactured resulting better quality product than those the range off.
    All the italian companies (Dainese, Alpinestar, Spidi and etc) all use leather produced in Italy by any one of the 8 tanneries. A company called Mastrotto (sp?) own 7 of these apparently.

The top racing suits used by their sponsored riders are made in italy, but all the 'off the peg' gear is put together in south east Asia. I believe the only Italian company that still makes ALL their gear in Italy is M-Tech (who just happen to be owned by Mastrotto).

Arlen Ness gear is made by Berik, who have licensed the name from Arlen Ness, the American custom bike manufacturer.

Kangaroo hide has more strength along the 'grain' of the hide than cow hide, so leathers can be made of thinner (0.8-1.0mm) hide then cow hide (1.2-1.4mm)

Ultimately at the level these guys race, the brand really doesn't matter - most riders will change brands if offered more to ride in someone else's gear. Riders such as Troy Bayliss, Dani Pedrosa, Alex Hoffman and Chris Vermeulen have all changed companies in the past couple of years.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I assumed leather is cattle related industry like goat, sheep and cow, while wasn't aware that somewhere else kangaroo was also cultured for its hide. I don't know characteristic of kangaroo's hide, seemingly it's soft like goat or sheep's hide. Cow's hide gives better protection than sheep's as it's thicker and windproof, but on the other hand it's less comfortable than sheep's to wear.

Obviously I was joking about kangaroo's paunch.