Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Schumacher to wildcard in MotoGP in 2008 (untrue)

Jan 5 - News - "F1 legend Michael Schumacher is set to make his GP debut on two wheels... Apparently the German will race at Jerez, Sachsenring and Catalunya, three circuits he knows well from his F1 days. Schumacher will ride a Ducati and is currently training for his three wildcard MotoGP outings."

I have not read this anywhere alse than the current source which is normally accurate.

Seems a little far fetched if you ask me..... But then again, anything is possible.

Good publicity trail for Ducati!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hope this comes true, I would love to see how he goes
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Hate to be a party-pooper but I really don't think this is going to happen.

It'd be like if Ferrari drafted in Rossi to replace Massa for a few races if he was injured (there's no wildcards in F1). Unlikely, as well as the fact Schumacher would be a 39-year old rookie, and theres a much bigger chance of injury on 2 wheels, which, with a young family, he'd be certainly mindful of.

Would be interesting though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This belongs in the 'April Fools Joke' pile
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Which it literally is

From Kropotkin's blog:

"It sounds almost too bizarre to be true, and our research has failed to turn up any further confirmation, but the Spanish website DailyMotos.com is reporting that Michael Schumacher is to take part in three MotoGP races in 2008. According to DailyMotos, Ducati were so impressed by the times set by Schumacher during his test after the final race of 2007 at Valencia. Ducati have allegedly put Schumacher on a special diet, given the German F1 World Champion training advice, and banned him from going skiing. Schumacher is supposed to appear at several MotoGP tests in preparation for his wildcard appearances, starting at Sepang.

~~~ UPDATED ~~~

This story was originally posted on the Spanish website DailyMotos.com on December 28th, also known in Spain as "el Dia de los Santos Innocentes", the Day of the Innocent Saints. On this day, it is usual for Spaniards to play tricks on each other, and for the media to try and pass off fake stories as news, as a joke. In other words, this story looks like being the Spanish version of April Fools..."
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a real shame the reputable source I gained this info from has printed it.

However I am sure they will be able to remove it from the site just as easily.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Schu gone

Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Its a real shame the reputable source I gained this info from has printed it.

However I am sure they will be able to remove it from the site just as easily.

Well the site in question has removed the 'news' regarding Schu.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is an old thread but since it didn't sink to the next page I suppose it shouldn't be a problem I post in here. I should say you've got to love how those tabloid websites make up stories to promote themselves, but I wouldn't criticize them for making up such funny stories and it does give people some room for wild thoughts during this silly season, it's that some sort of mega evil tabloid around drivers' daily life kind of tabloid that's annoying.