Thread: 2011 asbk...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

2011 asbk...

BMW & Glenn Allerton won both races at Phillip Island - Race 1 was wet with drying line & BMW/Aprilia finish 1-2 ... Wouldnt have thought that was possible after last season! Should be a great year tho, Herfoss was impressive on debut with Suzuki, factory Honda's will be back too!

STANDINGS (after 2 of 16)

Glenn Allerton - 50
    Troy Herfoss - 37
    Ben Attard - 36
    Craig Coxhell - 33
    Jamie Stauffer - 32
    Beau Beaton - 29
    Robert Bugden - 28
    Ben Henry - 25
    Cole Odendaal - 23
    Wayne Maxwell - 19

** Beau Beaton is supposebly off to race Superstock 1000 series in Europe...

Aaron Gobert won the supersport round from old man Kev Curtain & Suzuki hot shot Brodie Waters - should be a great season of racing in this class too...

Points - http://www.australian-motorsport.com...ian-supersport

Symmons Plains host Rnd 3/4 this weekend...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Josh Waters (Suzuki) & Glenn Allerton (BMW) shared the race wins at Symmons Plains - very close racing too which bodes well for the rest of the season...

STANDINGS (after 4 of 16)

Glenn Allerton - 93
    Troy Herfoss - 70
    Jamie Stauffer - 66
    Ben Attard - 65
    Wayne Maxwell - 60
    Craig Coxhell - 58
    Robert Bugden - 57
    Ben Henry - 45
    Cole Odendaal - 45
    Joshua Waters - 42

In Supersport, Triumph & Suzuki took the race wins with Christian Casella & Brodie Waters...

Points : http://www.australian-motorsport.com...ian-supersport

In Pro Stock 1000, Cru Halliday was the man winning all 3 races...

Points : http://www.australian-motorsport.com...-prostock-1000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Gids, wasn't it interesting to see that Cru could not grab a podium at the FX Superbike even though he clean swept the ASBK (except for the all weather race).

Great growth in Australia, including Beau Beaton stepping straight from FX Superbike to Europe. I assume he is the first to make the graduation from FX to an international championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've only gotten to see the ASBK races at the Island supporting WSB and they were spectacular! Particularly the supersport, there is some super talent coming through over here. It's just a shame that a lot of the talent is split between the two series - ASBK and FX - as there is the potential there to put on a show to rival any series going around. I'm also super-disappointed that there is no Kawasaki backed team in either series at any category. We really need to get our act together over here on a unified front to ever see motorcycle racing reach levels like it did during the 90's and other boom periods.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ninj, I don't see unification anytime soon. So lets just enjoy the two championships.

In many respects it is really up to the competitors, perhaps some could do both championships, after all it would only equate to around 13/14 race weekends per year.

FX offer free to air TV each round and ASBK offer the same at the V8 rounds, so there are commercial opportunities.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nah, I don't see it either Mach. I can appreciate them both but I just think we're all the poorer that our best talents - young and old - are split into two bickering series.

Whilst 13 or 14 weekends doesn't sound much, not many would do both after the complaints about the length of the ASBK series alone.

I really see Australia facing the financial racing difficulties that I believe WSB is headed for. I would really like to see a 'dumbing down' of WSB and more affordable and universal national superbike racing regulations developed.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach24
    Hey Gids, wasn't it interesting to see that Cru could not grab a podium at the FX Superbike even though he clean swept the ASBK (except for the all weather race).

Great growth in Australia, including Beau Beaton stepping straight from FX Superbike to Europe. I assume he is the first to make the graduation from FX to an international championship.
    Think it shows that neither series necesserily has better riders. Cru has won in both series & will again.
    Beau has shown his thing in both series so i wouldnt say he is a direct product of fx superbike!