Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do agree with you. I don't know why some people have seemed so negative towards Team 48 Motorsport and other teams. 48 have the drivers, showed up at the media day, have paid their entry fee and apparently do have the cars; precisely what more do some people want before the first race of the season?
    As for Xero I'll believe tdb when he says they'll be racing.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thankyou for the positives guys.
    Perhaps a detailed explaination is in order to clarify for the people that have missed or failed to understand my previous posts.

So.... here goes,
    Since 2006, we have continued to develop the cars(lexus is200), we have made investment as and when we have been able to, we have tested 1 car on a regular basis and have found a lot of improvement.
    Our engine builder has worked hard and through a technical partner we have developed a new intake system which with the engine development has given us a significant increase in BHP.

We have 2 drivers committed to the BTCC and we WILL be racing this year!
    Both proven race winners!

Both cars have undergone bare shell repaint and rebuilds. (no small task, trust me)

We are a very busy team, as can be seen on our website.

The cars need to be tested thoroughly before we race them, we do not want to be trailing round at the back.

We want to prove that we can acheive something, Yes we could go out and buy Vectra's or BMW's and be at the front, but we want to make the cars we have work well.

I alone probably work 3 times as many hours at my job than the average fan does and beleive me, after 12 years working in touring cars, Nobody wants this project to work more than me!

I left work at 7.30 tonight and car 1 is ready to go.
    car 2 has a little bit left to do, but that is down to suppliers.

As for the expected press release, yes it should have been sooner, but our drivers and sponsors have something special planned, so that is their call.

Let me assure you absolutely that Xero competition will be at Brands Racing lexus in the BTCC!

And finally: to all the doubters, make sure you come and say hello this year.
    Just come to the xero garages and ask for me, i'll be happy to show you what you can see is REAL!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the update tdb, looking forward to seeing those cars out at Brands. Having not registered for media day, does that mean the cars will carry late entry ballast?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the reply tdb.
    Im sorry if my post sounded blunt i was just interested if you guys were out there this year, cos there was no press release/registration thought u might have lost a sponser or something. But glad to here you havent.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out there this year!! Il b supporting you.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    I do agree with you. I don't know why some people have seemed so negative towards Team 48 Motorsport and other teams. 48 have the drivers, showed up at the media day, have paid their entry fee and apparently do have the cars; precisely what more do some people want before the first race of the season?
    I don't know what negative comments have been levelled at Team 48 but as a Sunderland fan I know what they are trying to achieve.

John Barnes is working for the club as a scout in Jamaica and particularly Trinidad & Tobago scouting for talent with the aim of not just cultivating more football stars from the Carribean for the English football leagues but also promote the doing of the sport in the Carribian. John, along with Luther (Blissett) and Les (Ferdinand) are seemingly to me doing the same with motorsport as paragraphs 4 & 5 on the Autosport article covers that which proves it. And commemorating what must have been a important goal for 300 people (the total passengers) of seeking work in the mother country (UK) seems to me a great way of getting more people from the area in motorsport.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive personally not seen any negative comments for Team 48.

And im excited for Xero and extremely intrigued in how much performance a team will really get out of the Lexus now with really trying!

And your right, going out to buy BMWs is a bit of a cop out...
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the Team 48 front, the negative comments have been on other sites rather than here, so I'll probably read this sites forum more regularly as a result.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh ok. Well thats a shame people are pessimistic on things that should be very possitive.
    Drivers’01,’02,’03,’04,’07,’08
    Manufacturers’01,’02,’03,’04,’05,’07,’08 Teams’01,’02,’03,’04,’08.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I admire teams efforts with the lexus's, the problem i see is that theyve been around for a few years now and there is even a new model of the is 200 out.

Look forward to seeing the improvments tho, and compared to BTC.

Are both teams developing the cars sep or have you worked together atal?

Thanks
    morefrag.co.uk - gaming services

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looking forward to seeing Xero out again. TDB if you see some one dressed in an Orange Baby gro lurking with intend by your garage say hello :-)
    Want to get involved in MotorSport ?
    You can though Volunteers in Motorsport