Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Sorry, but I can't agree. It's like having Nascar without Daytona, F1 without Monaco, etc.The 'classics' should have stayed, in 2010 there are 3 new events back to back. Utter madness, and not only that one year doesn't meet the criteria for a World Championship - not enough continents.
    Circuit racing is not good example in that regards, it's kind of same no matter where it takes place. Rallying on other hand could be totally different experience. I agree, it may not happen, but it's something worth trying.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker
    Circuit racing is not good example in that regards, it's kind of same no matter where it takes place. Rallying on other hand could be totally different experience. I agree, it may not happen, but it's something worth trying.
    Possibly, but they wouldn't be mad enough to drop their 'big' events. If they did they'd still manage as they are both thriving Championships with lots of interest. The WRC can't afford to drop it's 'classic' events, simply to let new events in. The WRC is still in trouble and doing this is almost unbelievable. I'm not against new events, but not at the expense of the well known events that get better coverage than the other Rallies. I still can't believe they're running 3 new events in a row. What planet do these people inhabit?? Or are they trying to kill the WRC off??

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Expanding into new markets without the cost necessarily going up by simply added events isn't that bad. I agree its a shame the classics are going to be missing for a year but it's a good excuse to go to a foreign rally when your home rally goes.

But seen as they are trying out new events how about doing an event in England? If Monte and Corsica can then Wales and England can surely. Or is that just me being selfish...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Possibly, but they wouldn't be mad enough to drop their 'big' events. If they did they'd still manage as they are both thriving Championships with lots of interest. The WRC can't afford to drop it's 'classic' events, simply to let new events in. The WRC is still in trouble and doing this is almost unbelievable. I'm not against new events, but not at the expense of the well known events that get better coverage than the other Rallies. I still can't believe they're running 3 new events in a row. What planet do these people inhabit?? Or are they trying to kill the WRC off??
    Well, it's delicate situation you know. The way I see it (i don't want to go in details and I may be wrong), but the current classic events are facing the following dilemma, be better event every second year, or be a poor event every year.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Well the F1A, ISC, Whoever keep coming up with new ideas every few years on how to improve the WRC. And what happens, they get dropped or not even implemented. When will they learn? I suppose a new idea will come out - why bother with a co-driver, why instead of stages miles away just hold it on one stage. Oh yeah, on a GP track!!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???