Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers Pat! Missed out on top ten by 44 points. Congrats Neninja, don't blow the spoils of victory like I did

Team NoBlouse are in negotiation and testing already for 2009. As a kick-off to our fundraising, does anyone want to buy a heap of Michelins??? Only used on Sunday, usually to make up the numbers...
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311
    Man my team faded quite badly towards the end of the year but I still get to rub Joan and Fonsi's faces in it, their teams sucked. Although to be fair, they didn't get to update their teams in the transfer periods but still.

Thanks Pat for running this, it's great fun and I look forward to next year's championship, Team Hurricane is looking for nothing other than a championship in 2009.
    Fonsi didn't do too badly considering he didn't make any transfers, he was in the midfield mix throughout.

Joan suffered *suffered* somewhat from Tommy Hill missing the entire season, Luca Morelli (part season) not scoring a point then being sacked, Kenan having a very difficult season (he was originally priced at - ahem - $2.5m) and Pere Tutusaus also being sacked. Joan was virtually carrying his own team! (I think in the end he did a little worse than our other star entrant Angel Rodriguez, who picked himself and was then sacked in 2006).

I'd definitely like to see a few stars in next year too!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ever wanted to judge my prices from the start of the season against the final standings?

Now you can, here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...NcOl3eAw&gid=0
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    Fonsi didn't do too badly considering he didn't make any transfers, he was in the midfield mix throughout.

Joan suffered *suffered* somewhat from Tommy Hill missing the entire season, Luca Morelli (part season) not scoring a point then being sacked, Kenan having a very difficult season (he was originally priced at - ahem - $2.5m) and Pere Tutusaus also being sacked. Joan was virtually carrying his own team! (I think in the end he did a little worse than our other star entrant Angel Rodriguez, who picked himself and was then sacked in 2006).

I'd definitely like to see a few stars in next year too!
    I haven't actually seen Fonsi for a while but I emailed him his final results and the link to your database and he said that he'll have to improve next year. Joan's team as you mentioned had injury problems all year, thankfully that didn't include Joan himself. Rodri said that he'll have a go next season too so hopefully that'll be three 'stars' next year.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mx311
    I haven't actually seen Fonsi for a while but I emailed him his final results and the link to your database and he said that he'll have to improve next year. Joan's team as you mentioned had injury problems all year, thankfully that didn't include Joan himself. Rodri said that he'll have a go next season too so hopefully that'll be three 'stars' next year.
    I'm glad Fonsi has a positive attitude about the League next year. Is he sorted on a Superbike somewhere, do you know?

Slightly O/T - any news on Rodri's plans for next year yet? From what I'd seen of the CEV results he was winning everything and also had some good one-offs in World Supersport - any chance of him going up to World Supersport full-time? (Yamaha Spain had a dismal time this year, they could do with him or could his CEV team move up?)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll hopefully be doing the prices for next year over the Christmas break - as with last year the World Supersport entry list isn't really finalised yet but I can get things going as soon as they are...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    excellent pat! look forward to it..
    you do a great job..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    Slightly O/T - any news on Rodri's plans for next year yet? From what I'd seen of the CEV results he was winning everything and also had some good one-offs in World Supersport - any chance of him going up to World Supersport full-time? (Yamaha Spain had a dismal time this year, they could do with him or could his CEV team move up?)
    Check your PM's Pat.

I look forward to the new season, last year I started well but faded, I plan on fixing that for '09.
    Jono Porter 12/05/81 - 09/06/04
    MX's Celeb Crush - Sue Bird :love:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've now unstuck this thread.

With the release of the WSB and WSS lists today I should be able to have the new prices ready over the weekend, so you can get picking (I'd done most of them anyway). So a new 2009 thread will arrive shortly.