Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Forum Fantasy Motorcycling League 2008 - final standings posted

Well, it seems things are getting earlier and earlier - only a couple of weeks ago I was unsticking the 2007 League thread and it's still on the first page of the forum as I write.

Anyway, I'm getting the League ready for 2008.

Format is the same as the previous two years:
    • MotoGP, 250cc, 125cc, World Superbikes, World Supersport[/*:m:hmh1tofh]
    • Budget of $10M, riders have fixed prices and scores points as in real life[/*:m:hmh1tofh]
    • Pick seven riders, with at least one from each of the five classes[/*:m:hmh1tofh]
    • Two transfer periods during the season to change your riders[/*:m:hmh1tofh]
    • Think up a suitably amusing team name[/*:m:hmh1tofh]
    The season starts on Feb 23rd with World Superbikes & Supersport at Losail and your full teams (inc MotoGP, 250cc, 125cc) need to be posted here by Feb 20th.

As soon as something official comes from FGSport about entry lists for WSB and particularly WSS, I'll stick the prices up so you can get going. The prices for the GP classes are done (provisional entry lists on Motogp.com), and I've done a provisional list for WSB from what we know, but obviously you need the WSS ones too before you can pick a team.

-----------------

Full rules and prices to follow as soon as possible.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's cool Pat. I'll let you have the next couple of days off before I expect to see some progress. Perhaps you'll have to lobby FGSport and put some heat on them to get some lists out pronto!
    Also, are you open to suggestions on additions or alterations to the league, so long as they are fairly simple? I just thought that maybe something like extra points for pole positions or most laps led might be an option.
    Cheers.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's staying as it is, basically because doing stuff like points for most laps led would need me to dig into some depth with the results and I'm aiming to keep it as simple for me to input - and for you guys to follow - as possible. As it is, after each weekend (transfer time takes longer) I only need ten minutes sat in front of the computer to get everything up to date.

Yeah, FGSport need to crack on with the WSS entry list - we know most of the WSB ones so I've done provisional prices for them already as well as the GPs from the Dorna lists. Last year's WSB/WSS lists came out on Jan 19th. This year I'm going on holiday skiing for a week on Jan 19th, so am really hoping they're out before then!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The GP prices are ready, but as mentioned above the WSB and particularly WSS lists aren't out yet.

Do people want to look at the GP prices now, even though you can't pick your team just yet?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    The GP prices are ready, but as mentioned above the WSB and particularly WSS lists aren't out yet.

Do people want to look at the GP prices now, even though you can't pick your team just yet?
    I am in negotiations with a few riders at the moment, but do not need to see the numbers yet.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im actually quite excited about this allready Good stuff Pat! .. I really need to break into the top ten this season, but will be gunning for a top five placing.. Cant wait
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    All I can say is, I can't do any worse than last season
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh, forgot to say. Well done Pat, great job last year and I'm sure that this year will be even better. I think we all appreciate the effort you put in. 3 cheers for POSTman Pat
    Sandra O is YUMMY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice one looking for to this. Must do better this time.

Can I make a suggestion?
    Perhaps limit the number of rider changes to 2 in the transfer window but have 2 transfer windows. The problem with everyone being able to change their whole line up is that many teams end up almost the same for the 2nd half of the year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neninja
    Nice one looking for to this. Must do better this time.

Can I make a suggestion?
    Perhaps limit the number of rider changes to 2 in the transfer window but have 2 transfer windows. The problem with everyone being able to change their whole line up is that many teams end up almost the same for the 2nd half of the year.
    Thats a very good idea. I second this suggestion.
    Get off my lawn