Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Benazir Bhutto wasn't the beacon of democracy and all that..she had quite a few corruption cases pending against her...

really pity the Pakistan People if she was the only credibile leader there.....
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is nobody perfect, massive support he had was sort of evidence that Pakistani still see her as charismatic leader.

Let the court decide what punishment suitable for the corruption cases or any lawsuit against someone, and not at the snout of the gun. I think that is what we have to feel sorry to.

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    Apparently there was explosion in another election rally, this time in Musharafs party's camp.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    what a shame... well... there goes pakistan
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Last night on CNN there was a documentary (don't know when it aired first) by Nick Robertson about Pakistan being the Terror Central.....it was frightning to say the least....did any Americans actually watch it?

I am pretty sure it would have opened a few eyes on that side of the pond about how the Musharraf regime is acting and its not exactly all lovey-dovey like Bush/Musharraf say it is and that ISI is a pain in the a@@
    Which is what the Indian govt has been shouting for ages with no effect with regards to their actions in Pak Occupied Kashmir and militancy in Jammu & Kashmir
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Storm,

We are quite aware of the potential problems in pakistan. The bigger problem however is that the rest of the world has signed on to let rouge nations posess nukes and to allow Russia to be the new arms broker the world. So it is just a ticking time bomb and anyone 45 and under will certainly witness a major nuke war in their lifetime. Bhutto's death was very sad as she was at least trying. But in the scheme of what is going on it will amount to no more and roe floating down the Panoi River. I suspect someone will smuggle a new into country such as israel and set it off and then we will have many spots glowing around the globe for quite awhile.

The US tried but you guys voted us down so now it is up to you and the russians. I will be glad when we get the hell out of every country over there. Unfortunately that probably won't happen unless we get a third political party that wins.

I wonder how many nukes israel has because I am sure they are posed to detonate them all. But WTF the wind probably blows east. So EKI will be able to watch the world fry from a grandstand seat.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not going to pretend I know more about the politics of all this than what I hear on the news etc, but from what I know and heard this woman was incredibly brave and was the only one talking any sense over there. I think it's a real shame.
    Everyone Loves a Slinky. :)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    oh well...it seems that the Al Qaeda have denied any involvement in killing Benazir Bhutto which then makes the claims of the pakistani government all the more suspicious..

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @fousto...are u denying the support that the US government gave the Taliban and the Pakistan Army

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harsha
    oh well...it seems that the Al Qaeda have denied any involvement in killing Benazir Bhutto which then makes the claims of the pakistani government all the more suspicious..
    Al Qaeda hasn't made any statement regarding these attacks. South Waziristan spokesmen have, there's a big difference.

A considerable amount of Musharraf's funding comes from Washington. Please explain the logic of killing someone who was sent due to pressure from Karachi's single biggest aid donor right now. Not only that but the military government were well aware that a major death would destabilise Pakistan as it has done. If they were anti-Bhutto they would either have had her killed overseas or not let her into the country in the first place.

There is a possibility that as Bhutto herself claimed that rogue elements within the ISI wanted her dead but I suggest that the most likely suspect in Pakistan is still Al-Qaeda. She was female and pro-democracy/anti-Islamist. What bigger target could they have? And the Modus Operandi fits them completely.

Sadly you'll also find that the vast majority of Americans are unaware of the links between their tax money and the beginnings of the Taliban/Al Qaeda.

As Marcus Wolfe (former head of the East German Intelligence Service) once said it takes a special kind of incompetence to nurture an organisation like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and then lose track of them so much that you don't even realise that they're about to pull off an attack like 9/11.