Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You're right. Aspar team offered him a contract which containes that he will be their racer for another 2 years: one more year in 125cc with an RSA Aprilia, then in 2009 they provide him a seat in 250cc.
    He could be in 250cc next year, but he didn't get a good offer, so if he agreed one of them, he would have a worse ride for the next season. But this way we will have a fast bike for the next 2 years at aspar, however he must stay for an additional year in 125cc. I think he made the best decision.
    And yes, he's already 26 years old, but he had a very hard way to success. I've just read his book, and believe me, it's a wonder that a Hungarian could reach that what he has already reached.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm damned if Talma is a day younger than 40!
    Hell of a rider, though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmchairBikeFan
    I'm damned if Talma is a day younger than 40!
    Hell of a rider, though.

He does have that "aged" look about him doesn't he?? But he was born in 1981!! I have jeans that "young" :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by axxexs
    If you are a new rider or a wildcard its a 25 year limit. If you are in the series itīs maximum 28 year.

I do also miss the time when riders could do the racing they loved. Do miss the time of Ueda and Ui for an example. The young crazy riders against the old experienced once. There was more profiles of the 125cc class before. Now its more unknow young riders. Maybe its good for the bigger classes...

For Talmasci its the last year he can be riding in 125GP. Dont know the story about his number #14. But it could have been one dreem for him to be riding as a world champion whit that number?
    That's an excellent point. Guys like Angel Nieto and Jorge Martinez to name a couple, are legends of the sport in the tiddler classes. These sort of restrictions prevent the likes of these types of guys ever coming along again which is a shame. I really don't think that young riders were missing out before to need such a rule.

Good luck to Talma. Hopefully he can do the rare thing and defend his 125 title before stepping up to 250.
    Get off my lawn