Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    Colin did enjoy his rallying and had he enjoyed it less and been more driven by championships etc he would have been more successful but he would never have got to be the legend he was
    What a load of crap, he did win just the amount of championship he was capable to win, its good to remember there was good maybe much better guys there too driving.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    What a load of crap, he did win just the amount of championship he was capable to win, its good to remember there was good maybe much better guys there too driving.
    It was not all about win rallys. they had FUN and love to drive! Now they keep the result from friday and just cruis on sunday.
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    It was not all about win rallys. they had FUN and love to drive! Now they keep the result from friday and just cruis on sunday.
    The basic idea of rally is still the same like it has always been, to win rallies and championships.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think this cuts both ways though. Toivonen is considered a driving god by some but how many rallies and championships did he win?

I do agree that what ctbs said is bs. It's because Colin was so motivated by championships that he only ever got one.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    The basic idea of rally is still the same like it has always been, to win rallies and championships.
    Perhaps we can have a "fun" championship for the drivers who are not good enough to ever win a rally or a championship. It's only fair you know. We can exclude Loeb for being French
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think this cuts both ways though. Toivonen is considered a driving god by some but how many rallies and championships did he win?

I do agree that what ctbs said is bs. It's because Colin was so motivated by championships that he only ever got one.
    yes true, Toivonens early death plays a role in this, resultvise he was far from the topguys from that era.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Perhaps we can have a "fun" championship for the drivers who are not good enough to ever win a rally or a championship. It's only fair you know. We can exclude Loeb for being French
    yes i support that strongly, it would bring many new supporters to the rallyracing sport
    Aja kovaa Pena.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    30 is not that early......rallywise

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd never expect you to agree with me Daniel, the fact is clear for those of us who were there and watching, McRae set out to win events, if he had a sniff of a win he went for it, championship winners know that sometimes you are better too settle for points. A recent example of this for those whose memories dont go back so far, or those who are losing theirs, is Dani Sordos JWRC win over Kris Meeke.
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    yes true, Toivonens early death plays a role in this, resultvise he was far from the topguys from that era.
    Yup. I think you can only extrapolate so much. If god forbid Loeb was to have an accident which ended his career now you could realistically say that given a good car he could have had at least a few titles more. But if the same happened in 2002 or so then you really couldn't have said that with any degree of certainty. Death always makes people greater and to be honest I don't think Colin needs anymore help to be greater. He was exciting to watch because he was fast and he was a champion. You can't expect more from a person who is just flesh and bone.