Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Yup. I think you can only extrapolate so much. If god forbid Loeb was to have an accident which ended his career now you could realistically say that given a good car he could have had at least a few titles more.
    Yes true, everyone knew by then Toivonens potential, he had won rallies with crap cars, then suddeny dead in competition.
    When drivers dies in accidents in motorsport they usually comes greater than they actually are especially if the accident is in the peak of the carreer, (Senna is an other good sample of that) I dont know if civil accidents after carreer makes drivers in someones mind greater in the sport, maybe.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I think this cuts both ways though. Toivonen is considered a driving god by some but how many rallies and championships did he win?

I do agree that what ctbs said is bs. It's because Colin was so motivated by championships that he only ever got one.
    Yes, it's a pretty silly statement. But in Toivonen's case, it had a great impact on Rallying afterwards. On the other hand, human emotions are sometimes above clear thinking so this doesn't surprise me either. But whatever you say, he was quite an exceptional driver just like Colin was. They had a status as aggressive yet fast drivers, it's probably what attracts most people.

Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    pentti wrote in another thread about active diffs

Members here should remember my utmost hate for active diffs. Two reasons. Delay and too abrutvive for traction. Good sensitive drivers like Colin and Tommi were destroyed with these systems.They reacted before active diffs started to confuse. It's long story why active diffs came but basically it is just because mechanics forgot how to use the file!!

we all remember what hapen to tommi when left mitsu and went to subaru,its the same like colin with xsara.
    Anyway for me (and for alot ppl)colin was 1 of the best ever,and the most important wrc lacks personalitys like colin.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Loeb was extremely fast with active diffs. Bosse was extremely fast with active diffs. Just as they are without them.
    There is also age, motivation and bad luck. When looking at Mäkinen last year more in detail it actually was not that bad at all, but he was haunted by mech problems throughout the season.
    A good driver is a good driver regardless of his machinery. he adopts to different surfaces and cars very fast. That is why I, for example, put Ekström very high on the list of good drivers.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This one is still my favourite rally video.

All About Rallying

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just bought the video and thought it was fantastic! Its great to hear Colin talking about all the parts of his career, and the footage from the early days is exceptional. it was incredibly interesting to see the way he drove club level cars - even as an 18 year old. It shows that he was something special right from the start.
    It's also very sad as the interwiews and filming of his life at home were done just a couple of weeks before his death.

A must buy for everyone!

R.I.P. Colin.