Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bstrat
    Thats just my two cents.
    You actually quoted me from a 23rd Dec 2007 post, but it's all ok

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J.
    This new S2000 + Turbo has got me thinking that it will improve the sport with more manufacturers, but one rule needs to change.
    Please ignore this if it has been mentioned before.

Today with the WRC car format, if I’m not wrong, but to have it run in WRC events as well as registered for the manufacturer’s championship, basically the consent of the parent company is needed. Prodrive and MSport have this consent on behalf of Subaru and Ford respectively. Citroen and Suzuki are in-house.

It seems like S2000 cars can be built and campaigned by anyone with enough resources.
    MSD make the MG S2000, TRD Australia with the Corolla S2000, VW South Africa with the Polo S2000, MEM are making the new Proton S2000 etc.

So with the basic S2000 built, it seems as if three quarters of the job is already done before taking the next step up to the top division, S2000 +Turbo.

Here's the problem I see. I can’t really see a private development team going this next step if their car can’t run for points in the manufacturers’ championship or even run in a WRC round.

Maybe the consent rule should be dropped.

S2000 cars by Peugeot, Abarth (Fiat), Skoda and the yet to be built Suzuki and Citroen are all in-house, so it would seem logically for them to step up to S2000 + Turbo. Unfortunately if the parent companies of these other brands aren’t interested we may never see a Proton, MG, VW or Toyota top flight car if the consent rule remains.

Say for interest sake that the VW parent company weren’t interested in either funding or consenting to a VW Polo S2000T. That shouldn’t stop the private developers still making one, and for it to be eligable to run in WRC events for points. We could see privateers, like Henning or Stohl using them with their own sponsors or even with the backing of local VW dealers/importers. Similar to Patrik Sandell with the Peugeot Sweden entry in the PWRC.

Anyway just some thoughts. I’m hoping for many more manufacturers in this next era of the WRC. More manufacturers equates to more bums on seats, which equates to more depth, which equates to better rallies! Hope the FIA get it right!
    Maybe the answer appears here? If I reed it correct!
    The cost of competing at WRC level was beyond the means of privateer teams too. There's nothing to prevent anybody sitting down with a particular brand of car and deciding to contest the WRC. What we're saying is we've got to make it affordable. The object of the exercise is to widen as much as we can the opportunities for people to contest the WRC at the top end.

Source: http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk...-%20Part%20two
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 642 Times in 344 Posts
    Only manufacturer can initiate a homologation process - or authorize a third party to do it for them.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from wrc.com

"Will they be as spectacular to watch? - We're working to ensure the new cars are exciting to watch. Whether we like it or not, the right amount of exhaust noise is popular with spectators and even though a car going sideways isn't the fastest way through a stage it certainly looks good. So we'll be addressing these and other areas. We're not copying Formula 1 but you've only got to look at what's happened there this season; traction control is removed and all of a sudden the drivers have got to actually drive the cars. I hope we'll see the same thing with the new WRC car. The new technical regulations will mean a lot of the electronic components and driver aids will disappear."

AH ! Look who was right me !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    from wrc.com

"Will they be as spectacular to watch? - We're working to ensure the new cars are exciting to watch. Whether we like it or not, the right amount of exhaust noise is popular with spectators and even though a car going sideways isn't the fastest way through a stage it certainly looks good. So we'll be addressing these and other areas. We're not copying Formula 1 but you've only got to look at what's happened there this season; traction control is removed and all of a sudden the drivers have got to actually drive the cars. I hope we'll see the same thing with the new WRC car. The new technical regulations will mean a lot of the electronic components and driver aids will disappear."

It sounds like they actually have been listening to what almost everybody is saying. It sounds good to me though. I can't wait.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Picking up a old thread
    Whats the different costs between a Gr. N and a S2000 car?
    I know that Gr. N i cheaper to buy but the costs in service and thoose things?