Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007
    Piquet Jr will be a big success in F1
    Can you be more specific, please. :
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Piquet's good, he just tends to need a year to learn a category before being able to match speed with consistency. Mind you, we said much the same about young Mr Hamilton... What intrigues me is that 2008 will be the first time Nelsinho has raced outside the family team atmosphere - Piquet Sports (or an amalgamation with them) has run him in every category through the ranks. Given how many times we saw him on the pit wall with Flav during the second half of 2007 in particular, however, I doubt he's got any need to worry.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inimitablestoo
    . Given how many times we saw him on the pit wall with Flav during the second half of 2007 in particular, however, I doubt he's got any need to worry.

So what was Flav doing with Jr on the pit wall? I mean that's a pretty public place!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    My endearing memories thus far of NPJr are watching the GP2 races on ITV, where invariably Piquet could be seen overdoing it and ending up in 'the rough'.
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    My enduring memory of him is of being rather unimpressed with his being utterly un-bothered at being given a drive in the Goodwood Revival a few years ago.

However, I look forward immensely to seeing how he does in F1.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    So what was Flav doing with Jr on the pit wall? I mean that's a pretty public place!!
    A wide stance... mokin:

Do you really want to know???Yuk

Besides they were decent enough as they kept their hands down below the counter where you could not see them...unlike a certain US Congressman who said his neighbor-cop misunderstood when the Congressman took a wide stance....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    I've seen nothing from Jr. to suggest that he can beat Alonso.
    I second that.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    More to it than that. Jr says that he is in F1 purely on merit. Now!! seeing that Flav scked Heiki and Fisi to put this guy in, it follows that he considers himself to be better than either Heiki and Fisi - a very tall order. Fisi won the Oz GP two years ago, remember? Now how many races does Jr think he can win or even score podiums? He will have to beat Kimi, Massa, Alonso, Heiki and Hamilton and possibly one or two BMW's and the odd Williams (Rosberg) to gain a win, and most of the above to gain a podium.
    Well, Jr. certainly has his father's ego. We'll see if he has the talent, too.

But Piquet really wasn't a dominant GP2 driver. Hamilton both beat him for the 2006 season championship, and the "Piquet Sports" team was as well funded as any in the field. And he finished 8th in 2005, behind Rosberg, Kovalainen, Scott Speed and Adam Carroll (who raced on a shoestring).

Perhaps his defnintion of merit includes "born well."

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Emmo sure thinks that Jr. is hot stuff.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64475

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Emmo sure thinks that Jr. is hot stuff.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64475
    I think NPJr has showed absolutely nothing sofar, but who knows...maybe he can surprise us all?

In 2008 he will have a chance of a lifetime to prove himself. And F1 surely needs a strong Brazilian presence. At the moment its pathetic at best.

Regarding Emmos and Jr´s daddy´s comments... what the hell do you expect? Those comments are however worth nothing.