Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tintin
    ITV let it go - it wasn't getting enough viewers to justify being there, even though it wasn't costing them anything.
    That can't be good when it cant even secure its existence on a poxy channel like ITV4.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    ITV let it go - it wasn't getting enough viewers to justify being there, even though it wasn't costing them anything.
    They should split the tv money between the manufacturers like they do in F1. Perhaps the teams could treat their drivers to a croissant at Rallye Monte Carlo, Ford might even be able to stretch to chocolate ones.

How bad did it get? I know they said after Monte last year something like 100,000 watched the highlights.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    I think the only thing it will miss from its association with ITV would be the links from their other ITV1 sports such as F1 and the BTCC to tell people when it is on.
    ITV had already cut that link anyway!
    ITV seemed to have stopped giving WRC any mention in F1 or BTCC coverage a while ago. I don't know when they started doing it but certainly ITV1 gave WRC no mention towards the tail end of the season.
    There was at least one time when the F1 and WRC shared the same weekend and, rather than mention the WRC coverage that would be starting in a couple of hours, they announced the time of the BTCC coverage that was on the next weekend.

ITV had clearly lost interest in WRC. That's acceptable if it's not deliverting viewing figures but they could have at least have made some effort to promote the sport.

I don't know if it moving to Dave is good news or bad news. It could be good if Dave actually make some sort of effort. However it could be bad if we get the same rubbish we've been getting this year. If it's the latter then it looks like WRC coverage in the UK is continuing a downhill spiral.

It's hard to think that I (we?) used to think that Channel 4 gave us a bad deal. Yes, they did frequently mess about with the scheduling but the coverage was still a lot better than what we get now. The fact they gave coverage at the end of each day was in itself a big advantage.
    I remember I used to actually get excited about seeing the coverage, that's not something that I can say about what we've had for the last season.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWRC
    ITV had already cut that link anyway!
    ITV seemed to have stopped giving WRC any mention in F1 or BTCC coverage a while ago. I don't know when they started doing it but certainly ITV1 gave WRC no mention towards the tail end of the season.
    There was at least one time when the F1 and WRC shared the same weekend and, rather than mention the WRC coverage that would be starting in a couple of hours, they announced the time of the BTCC coverage that was on the next weekend.
    At the same time though, Rally GB was promoted during the previous week's Champions League coverage, yet still only got a 1% audience share

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    At the same time though, Rally GB was promoted during the previous week's Champions League coverage, yet still only got a 1% audience share
    But if the coverage is crap then no one will watch regardless.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The people filming haven't got a clue how to film the sport, it was better 10-15 years ago. ISC/F1A don't appear to care, the WRC takes place in some fantastic locations, make use of this.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    BTCC is another rubbish series whose days getting terrestrial coverage are numbered IMHO. Can't honestly say I've ever bothered with BSB but BTCC these days sure is rubbish. Compare a mid to late 90's season review of the BTCC to a current one and you'll see why it was so popular. Good commentary, good drivers and excellent cars. Now it's none of those.
    I have to disagree with you there, Ben Edwards (and Tim Harvey for that matter) are two of the best motorsport commentators around)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    At least with WRC being Dave's jewel in the crown there's a good chance that they won't be mucking around the timings and scheduling like Eurosport & ITV1 & 4. Hopefully no more tuning in to find fat blokes throwing darts or lycra clad characters on ski's!
    And to be to fair to ITV4, they were pretty good at sticking to their 6pm on a Sunday slot (as well as all those extra documentaries)

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waldrons11
    I have to disagree with you there, Ben Edwards (and Tim Harvey for that matter) are two of the best motorsport commentators around)
    Balls! Far from being the worst but there are a lot of other people out there that are better, I find these two quite boring to be honest and don't think they suit the excitement that sometimes happens in the BTCC.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Balls! Far from being the worst but there are a lot of other people out there that are better, I find these two quite boring to be honest and don't think they suit the excitement that sometimes happens in the BTCC.
    Well, then there I guess we'll have to agree to disagree! It just goes to show as with all such things, it all comes down to personal taste.