Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

CMR2 Weather Randomization-Project from Hell :devil:

Wouldn't it be nice for the CMR2 WRC if we would know what the weather on stages 3-10 expert (or 3-8 intermediate level) would be based on the weather for stages 1 and 2?

I'm convinced that weather is randomized for a complete rally as a whole and not on a 2 stage by 2 stage basis (I welcome your opinions). If this is true, if we knew all the combinations of weather condtions for stages one and two, and expanded these by finding out the remaining stage conditons it should be possible to determine for every rally what someone can expect to encounter on a full rally based simply on weather presented for stages 1 and 2.

HOW THIS CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED (several ways)

1) Choose a group a stages aside from Greece (always sunny) and Sweden (wether snow or no snow makes no difference on surface composition). Do complete rallies noting stages conditions and send the data to me. I'll compile the list. Hopefully it won't vary between PC and PS1

2) Make notes during the year of the rallies in which you compete. Will take a bit longer, but every little bit helps.

What do you guys think?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm sorry James, I don't understand
    //waves

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UKOG~Will
    I'm sorry James, I don't understand
    If you start a rally in the UK and are given sunny conditions on stage one and two, do you know what conditiodn will be for the remainder of the rally? NO!

What my project will accomplish is knowing what weather conditions you can expect when you are given the condtions for stages one and two (when you start the rally).

If we could standardize weather for all rallies it would result in a much fairer championship (and would be good knowledge to have, nonetheless).

Is that more clear? More muddy?
    9-23-2006 Cadey-Lee Deacon,The Rocket Pub, New Parks, Leicester: Little one, through some miracle of reincarnation may you be given a second chance at a full life. You\'ll not soon leave our thoughts and prayers ;(

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I get it
    //waves

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are you sure that the weather in stage 1&2 is somehow connected to the weather in the subsequent stages? I am not.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramore
    Are you sure that the weather in stage 1&2 is somehow connected to the weather in the subsequent stages? I am not.

I refuse to believe the software is that 'smart'. No- i think if you know stages 1 and 2 you will be able to know the rest.

Try running some Novice level UK events and see if it holds true (or intermediate level if time permits)