Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    So if Webber doesn't have potential than why give him a drive in a Ferrari when there are drivers with much more potential around, like Felipe and Kimi and many others?

As I see it Webber is a good driver, but not any better than DC or RS whom you are butchering.
    I never said Webber doesn't have potential! I simply said that Massa got his drive more on his potential rather then the raw speed he had showed when he was with Sauber. I think Webber has plenty of potential and if he managed to get a drive with Ferrari for example he could be a WDC.

As for DC. I am a DC fan beleive it or not, however he has had his opportunities in F1 and for whatever reason he has never made the most of those opportunities and now i think he is in the twilight of his career and RBR could have done better (seb bourdais anyone?). I dont blame DC for taking the drive! As if he wouldnt!! but as a team manager i wouldn't have signed him.

RS on the other hand i never really rated. He has had the occasional GP where he has shown that he can be as good as his brother, however those occasions are few and far between and i don't think there is very many people around who thinks he will ever be a WDC. Heck theres alot of people who think he would never have even made F1 if not for his last name! Personally i dont agree with that, but i dont think he is good enough to be a champ and therefore doesn't make my list of the top drivers of 2007!

Everyone seems to be slamming me for having a go at these older drivers but please remember this is a thread for ranking the drivers of 2007! Not the best drivers of all time!! RS and DC may have been able to challenge in the past but they are no longer at that level!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    As we have seen in the past, being a champion has to do also with other qualities than driving skills. Also the car's performance is one of the most important things (see JV's one and only F1 WDC title).
    DC and RS could still win a WDC if the car they will drive will be up to the task.

Anyway, this year MW will be able to show is he better than DC and than we can settle this comparison.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

My home is a sanctuary for my spirit, where my soul can touch base with its source, Almighty God.
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As we have seen in the past, being a champion has to do also with other qualities than driving skills.

Very well said.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." —Robert Heinlein

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anyway, this year MW will be able to show is he better than DC and than we can settle this comparison.

Yes, should be interesting that one
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    After 4-5 races into the season write your rankings again here. It would be interesting to see, how much will they have changed by then.
    I've cited myself. So how would your first conclusions look like?

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Hamilton is a revelation, the others (Ferrari drivers and FA) are as good as I supposed.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I think none of us expected Hamilton to be this good.

Massa has faired better than I thought, KR not so. I still have faith in Kimi though.

FA has been as like he has always been, consistent podium finisher and constant WDC contender. His problem is that this year he has a teammate who is even more consistent than him.
    Iceman: Adjective 1)Rapid, swift 2)Nickname of Kimi-Matias Räikkönen, a legendary Formula 1 driver