Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Langdale Forest
    If moussess are banned, it will be intresting to see what will happen on that 48 kilometer stage in Greece!
    You might see punctures a big more often I'm guessing?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It will depend on the accuracy of driving, luck, circumstances (wrong pressures, weather/surface changes etc.).

But I'm surprised to hear that the tyres are still so fast... I thought they were going to develop a really HARD tyre which will sustain big impacts, less grip -> slower performances -> sideways action. But let's see...

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Helstar. Pirelli couldn't make fast tyres before. What makes you think they can now? It will be a miracle if they are not rock hard.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Helstar. Pirelli couldn't make fast tyres before. What makes you think they can now? It will be a miracle if they are not rock hard.
    Did you read Garde interview ? You seem to read what you want only ... or just lazy ?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I think it is good to ban mousse, looking at Loeb he never uses it anyway, judging from his grungy looks.

Banning mousse is good me thinks because it simplifies things a little bit and make the competition a tiny bit more even. Having no mousse in the tires means also that you have one rather compicated issue less to bother about. We have had many drivers troughtout the last years who have been suffering from tire vibrations and there have also been not that very few instances where the mousse have not been working properly.

The design of these tires are rather complicated, and I think it is good for rallying to get rid of at least one more aspect which can cause problems and do not have to do with pure driving skills. Besides it spares money.
    Regarding the safety issue I think it is not that agreat problem, as pointed out above.
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Helstar
    Did you read Garde interview ? You seem to read what you want only ... or just lazy ?
    Lazy my friend

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    According to Mikko Hirvonen (from a Finnish paper), thay had 0 punctures on Sweden test with the new tyre. the problem was though, that they lost all studs from some tyres, so quality was not consistant.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD
    According to Mikko Hirvonen (from a Finnish paper), thay had 0 punctures on Sweden test with the new tyre. the problem was though, that they lost all studs from some tyres, so quality was not consistant.
    Sweden is not exactly the best indicator of the toughness of a tyre though What you said pretty much backs up what i'm saying about the quality of Pirelli tyres. Please don't think I'm anti-Italian or anything. I love Italian cars and the Pirelli's I had on my Peugeot back in Australia were great on gravel but if I had a rally car I wouldn't touch Pirelli's

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finni
    Enjoy when races are decided by exploded tyres.. nice

If group N is any indication we have at least every other race decided by broken tyre. I suppose that those tyres for wrc-cars are more durable but they should be hugely stronger because due to power and corner speeds of wrc-cars.
    Were any rallies in the BRC(GpN only) decided by punctures?

Number one reason why GpN/S1600 cars get a lot of punctures in WRC rounds is that the WRCars pull out the rocks and ruin the road for everyone else. With everyone on even ground, this shouldn't happen.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Sweden is not exactly the best indicator of the toughness of a tyre though What you said pretty much backs up what i'm saying about the quality of Pirelli tyres. Please don't think I'm anti-Italian or anything. I love Italian cars and the Pirelli's I had on my Peugeot back in Australia were great on gravel but if I had a rally car I wouldn't touch Pirelli's
    I think pirelli are better on gravel than bf goodrich
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D