Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    We should just ban mechanical failures The only driver I can remember who has had an explosive tyre failure is Kenneth Ericsson in the Subaru and that was ages ago in testing. But my memory isn't that great
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    We should just ban mechanical failures
    Genius. Think of what that will do to the TV ratings, no more need for superrally if no cars have mechanical failures.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    We need to get together to form a global thinktank for ideas to help the WRC. We also need to ban rain as AFF suggested a while ago.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Enjoy when races are decided by exploded tyres.. nice

If group N is any indication we have at least every other race decided by broken tyre. I suppose that those tyres for wrc-cars are more durable but they should be hugely stronger because due to power and corner speeds of wrc-cars.
    I am a big fan of Andy Aigner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    We need to get together to form a global thinktank for ideas to help the WRC. We also need to ban rain as AFF suggested a while ago.
    Ban the rain... that was a nice one

Imo it is not a big deal, a bit of gambling wont be bad for WRC. Imagine Rally of Japan drama on every stage next year.. Better buy a new dvd recorder
    \"Dopelar Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when you approach them quickly enough.\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But mouses sometimes don't work either.... And as mentioned above, there was a time when mouses wasn't available. Rallying is both speed and endurance, and taking care of tyre while driving is also a skill, which is one of the indications to tell who's the best.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    I think that this tire rule might change quite a lot. So far WRC drivers were cutting corners as much as they could (without breaking suspension components).

PWRC is using tires without ATS and like you can see, some drivers are getting something like 5-10 punctures per rally, some are getting 1-2 punctures, some of them wont get any (rarely).

I just don't understand how it is possible that Pirelli creates new tires that wont get any punctures even if the tires are used with much more powerful car? That means, drivers should change their driving style quite a lot?

I was asking from myself that, should they drive less sideways now? That is tricky question. Of course the tires wear less when they are driving less sideways but now the corners are much deeper and there are more corners (They cannot cut straight some of the easier corners. and cannot make harder corners more straight).

So. To continue my too long post I assume that the time difference between WRC and PWRC cars spend on the stages should decrease in two reasons:
    1) WRC drivers cannot cut the corners so much anymore;
    2) PWRC drivers can use the same lines created by WRC drivers and may hope that there are less stones on the road that it was before (read: road is not destroyed).

And my final opinion. I think that the graduates from JRC and PWRC are in a good position because they know how to avoid punctures and how to change the tires really fast.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I don't think that there'll be a recognisable difference in terms of driving, just the number of punctures. Lets be honest though, there are regular punctures anyway.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Crash.net:
    Next year there will be a control tyre in the WRC with Pirelli coming in. What do you think of that?

Toni Gardemeister:
    The tyre will be the same for everybody - and it is good to do this. I have done a few tests already for Pirelli and I know the grvel tyres quite well. I haven't tested the tarmac tyres yet. I was quite pleased with the gravel tyres. They were quite quick still compared to the old tyres and they were very reliable.
    I just hope he's not just too diplomatic in his answer.

Liked 18 Times in 14 Posts
    If moussess are banned, it will be intresting to see what will happen on that 48 kilometer stage in Greece!