Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With only one tyre to chose among, we will have an end to "it's on the tyre".

And maybe it indeed will reduce cost, since the weatherman is in no use anymore.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Sure, it cuts costs, but at the same time can hinder a winning team.
    That's exactly what I'm afraid from. The cost of retiring from WRC event is much higher then anything else. Saving money from something that vital as tires is not good strategy overall.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It's not so much about the cost of tyres. It's also about the sport and equality in it. Why do people somehow think next year is going to be a year where drivers are getting a puncture each stage? Plus are punctures really that bad? They were a part of rallying before mousses became so reliable. Do people have such short memories?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    It's not so much about the cost of tyres. It's also about the sport and equality in it. Why do people somehow think next year is going to be a year where drivers are getting a puncture each stage? Plus are punctures really that bad? They were a part of rallying before mousses became so reliable. Do people have such short memories?
    The scope of my post was just the cost, nothing else.
    Not that I agree with the rest of your comment, but it seams most people think the same way you do, so I'll pass on that one.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Glee
    And maybe it indeed will reduce cost, since the weatherman is in no use anymore.
    I think the weather crews will still be there, I assume tyre pressures will become the new cuts.

Also punctures have decied the JWRC in previous years but they were driving just after the WRC cars had dragged massive rocks into the path of these cars. Sure it WILL need a change of driving style, the damn the consequences because I have puncture proof tyres mentality will not work anymore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ho need excpensive tyres and speed to have fun?

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/21...ive--fantastic
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother John
    Ho need excpensive tyres and speed to have fun?

http://www.motorsportmad.com/view/21...ive--fantastic
    Yeah, there should be a rule that cars must have plastic tires on tar, especially Citroën
    Winner Best Signature Championship 2007! Winner of BSC 2008! Winner of BSC 2009!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting thoughts about tyre wear in the new edition of Martin Holmes book.
    For example, there's written that Sebastien has a god ability to avoid unnecessary wheelspins which leads to better rubber protection. Maybe because of this Seb once again can be in advantage this season...
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".