Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalo
    It should be better on round 3 or 4. This year Subaru MUST SHINE! It's been many rallyes without a single win, not mentioning a championship. They should have time to develope an astonoshing car and fight for the championship as soon as possible, but I doubt that will happend right from Monte.
    Exactly
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They've been developing the car all throughout the year, haven't they? Surely they've got a complete car by now. It may not be competetitive in its current form, much less officially homologated, but surely it'd be ready to test...
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!

Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Car running at MIRA this week for systems check, David Maslen driving. Want to rack up 100 miles before Xmas. Delays installing gearbox led to test being put back as was meant to run after GB.Debut may not be until Finland.Monte tests for existing car Jan 5-8.Source MN

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The new Subaru is set to run its first race in Greece.
    At the factory in England the test has just begun.

The article: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=191520 also states that the car is brand new, and not an evolution of an old car.

Somewhat wrongly the article says that “since Subaru did enter rally in 1991 has all cars witch is introduced since that has been based on the Legacy witch was introduced in 1991”….

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glee
    The new Subaru is set to run its first race in Greece.
    At the factory in England the test has just begun.

The article: http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=191520 also states that the car is brand new, and not an evolution of an old car.

Somewhat wrongly the article says that “since Subaru did enter rally in 1991 has all cars witch is introduced since that has been based on the Legacy witch was introduced in 1991”….
    Not realy correct no, but the Impreza until 2001 has a very similar suspension and layout almost everything can be used on one car ore the other.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They're doomed!!!

I hear that they may actually be introducing it 2 rallies earlier that Finland which must make it the end of May time.....they must be mad if you ask me that or the commercial people have pulled some strings.
    If they are only running at MIRA that gives a few months to do all your other testing (gravel, tarmac etc) before they will have to get orders in for rally bits!
    They clearly haven't learnt that doing all your testing on rallies (see S12b for an example of this) is a bit much as (generally) you are either slow, breaking bits or slow and breaking bits...hardly good PR for Subaru!
    i really hope I am proven wrong on this as I think another season of mediocrity will result in Subaru pulling the plug and potentially the end of WRC as we know it as what would Ford and Citroen have to gain fighting it out between them selves?
    I'm interested to hear what everyone else thinks about it all.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Debut will be announced this month, Richard Taylor believes can fight for wins this season.
    http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...ck_in_mix.html

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Well, I really hope Subaru will be up on the pace again! There commitment should be rewarded and it would be awesome to see 3 teams battling for first instead of just 2!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c4
    Debut will be announced this month, Richard Taylor believes can fight for wins this season.
    http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wrc/...ck_in_mix.html
    Errr..... they haven't even tested their new car. That means the debut of the car isn't anywhere near. I hope they'll be back in the fight for a rally win in the later half of the season if not for the championship.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion: