Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Monte Carlo and Corsica look like the most likely events to switch to IRC permanently, the French don't seem to get on well with the current WRC administration. IRC will give them the freedom to make the events more characterful and interesting.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kakus
    L'EQUIPE

Or ( In french )
    http://www.sebastienloeb.com/index.p...305&Itemid=123

- En raison du principe de rotation instauré par la FIA, cette épreuve ne sera pas au calendrier l’an prochain. Qu’en pensez-vous ?
    - Déjà, qui dit que je ne le ferai pas l’an prochain ? On verra… Mais c’est en tout cas dommage pour le Championnat du monde, car le Monte-Carlo est une épreuve mythique. En plus, le Tour de Corse et le Rallye d’Allemagne ne sont pas non plus au calendrier 2009. Ce sera donc une année un peu triste pour le public français.

- Vous envisagez donc de faire le Monte-Carlo 2009, qui sera une manche du Championnat IRC ?
    - Pourquoi pas ? Je n’en sais rien…

Interesting...

But IF Sébastien Loeb runs 2009 Monte-Carlo that can only be on a Citroën C2 S1600 or R2 Max...

Why not teammate with Simon Jean-Joseph and run the IRC 2WD championship

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Tom206wrc: In case of new WRC rulles Citroën would need S2000 car. And I can't see better place for debut than Monte or Corse.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Well, some time ago, I heard that Citroen have contracted Jean Joseph to develop their S2000 car! In the time, the paper that said that, admits that its possible that Citroen present their brand new C3 in the shape of a S2000 car, like they did with the C2 and C4! I think first seeing of the car will be at Geneve!

Cheers

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    What's crucial to the IRC is TV coverage. Without good coverage, it will fail to have any profile whatsoever.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    What's crucial to the IRC is TV coverage. Without good coverage, it will fail to have any profile whatsoever.
    I don't agree with your comment. Most important for any kind of championship is fears competition, and so far IRC is doing well. Not that TV coverage is not important, but not decisive IMHO.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga
    Well, some time ago, I heard that Citroen have contracted Jean Joseph to develop their S2000 car! In the time, the paper that said that, admits that its possible that Citroen present their brand new C3 in the shape of a S2000 car, like they did with the C2 and C4! I think first seeing of the car will be at Geneve!

Cheers
    That would be awesome, and of course a pure speculation, but it would make it logic Loeb running a Citroen in Monte '09...
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    LOL, this is the new C3 (minispace) in spyshots...

http://www.vroom.be/nl/spynieuws/520...-spy-shot.html

Will this be the all new S2000?
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga

Cheers

We could know it next week, as PSA is said having planned to present the new cars and concept-cars of both make for Geneva(possibly next thursday)

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Well, sebastien has only the french to blame, the initiative to circulate the events came from monte and corsica organisers, and the main reason, limited resourses.
    Maybe they were not talking about the actual event organisation? I believe they have to pay some fees to ISC too, and I heard Rally Deutschland have really been struggling with that too.