Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Good on them!! The current identikit WRC template is killing the sport, no matter what the 'expert' works teams think. How can you have a WRC without the Monte? Would F1 drop Monaco? You don't drop your crown jewels, yet the WRC does? Certain Rallies should be allowed to run how they want - mainly the classics.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Certain Rallies should be allowed to run how they want - mainly the classics.
    I've posted to this effect on here before, Monte, Safari, Finland and GB should be given freedom to be 'real' rallys, 5 days/nights, a real test and double points on offer, a kind of masters series within the world championship.

I like the sound of what the Monte organisers are thinking, hope they have the guts to see it through and that it works out well for them
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As this is a thread about the Monte and not any one particular team how many entries do you think there will be a for a six day event with a concentration run and unlimited recce time etc? Whilst appealing to the traditionalist in me it has to be said that the Monte has had a relatively poor entry in recent years for various reasons however to deliberatley increase the expense of competing on a notoriously tricky event seems a little odd. After all San Remo is a short sharp affair now and as the IRC has even fewer " works entries" than the WRC at present it's going to take a lot of well heeled drivers like Solowow to make up the slack.

Liked 303 Times in 214 Posts
    I don't know how many entries for 2009 Monte, but hopefully tons of S2000s and not only from Peugeot and Fiat

Liked 303 Times in 214 Posts
    Can someone remove this thread and place it in the IRC section of the forum added in the right thread that deals with Monte-Carlo 2009 ??

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    I don't think that the 6 days long model is realistic. I count with something like Sanremo last year just in purpose of having classic stages in course. That six days would be too expensive for privateers that IRC should be friendly to.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Good on them!! The current identikit WRC template is killing the sport, no matter what the 'expert' works teams think. How can you have a WRC without the Monte? Would F1 drop Monaco? You don't drop your crown jewels, yet the WRC does? Certain Rallies should be allowed to run how they want - mainly the classics.
    Monte was dropped by organisers own request.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That sounds terrific, let's see if it's true!
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Perhaps if they set the event to take place before the WRC season begins, some WRC teams and/or drivers could still show up, just to get to drive one awesome rally!! (I can dream )
    .................................................. ..................................................