Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Maybe they were not talking about the actual event organisation? I believe they have to pay some fees to ISC too, and I heard Rally Deutschland have really been struggling with that too.
    The event organisation is responsible about the marchalls, infrastructur, other facilities and so on, Monte has not met those criterias for years, last year there was some incident at the service in monte, they had to make some fences there this year, because the lack of marchalls.
    I have no problem if the French organisers want to arrange the rally every second year or even stop, if they cant make the economy side, but the thing is that i dont understand whats their reason to make good arranged and else the best rallies in the series to rotate.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I don't understand why they should have to support each other, because I don't see the point of having two series. Surely there has to be something wrong with the WRC for the concept of the IRC to have even been devised.
    The thing is, there are many good and interesting rallies around, but a 30-rally calendar would be far too big. Another meaningful championship would be needed to accommodate those rallies. And makes/teams and to a less extent, drivers too.

I like that in sportscars, there is American Le Mans Series, (European) Le Mans Series, FIA GT, and Japanese LM Challenge(albeit overshadowed by Super GT). I know many people long for a big World Sportscar Championship but I don't. (Sure, I also didn't follow WSC when it was alive and kicking )

I like that this way there would be more good high profile rallies.

And it's also that WRC/IRC/rallying world has to do something differently from F1 to succeed. F1 and rallying are different, what's good for F1 might not be for rallying and vice versa.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    And I don't like this rotation thing either. Stability is key, IMO.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    The thing is, there are many good and interesting rallies around, but a 30-rally calendar would be far too big. Another meaningful championship would be needed to accommodate those rallies. And makes/teams and to a less extent, drivers too.

I like that in sportscars, there is American Le Mans Series, (European) Le Mans Series, FIA GT, and Japanese LM Challenge(albeit overshadowed by Super GT). I know many people long for a big World Sportscar Championship but I don't. (Sure, I also didn't follow WSC when it was alive and kicking )

I like that this way there would be more good high profile rallies.

And it's also that WRC/IRC/rallying world has to do something differently from F1 to succeed. F1 and rallying are different, what's good for F1 might not be for rallying and vice versa.
    I certainly don't agree with you on the sportscar point. Yes, there are many series, but none of them have any profile at all, and sportscar racing was at its best when there was one world championship.

Of course 30 rallies would be too many, but two championships is too many. If the WRC decides to adopt the same rules as the IRC, there should be no need for two. Fragmentation, as in US open-wheel racing, is never good.

Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    And I don't like this rotation thing either. Stability is key, IMO.
    I do agree with that, though.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    BDunnell: IRC is commercial project without official FIA championship status so take it easy. It is just up to its organiser if it does well or dies in the future.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirek Fric [Cze
    ]BDunnell: IRC is commercial project without official FIA championship status so take it easy. It is just up to its organiser if it does well or dies in the future.
    Not necessarily. Its potential for success or failure is surely inextricably linked with the fortunes of the WRC.