Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No mention at the end of the show whether Sky are showing NASCAR next year or not. Time will tell I suppose....

I've really enjoyed their coverage, and I hope they renew it for next year - even if it does mean races behind the red button.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yep - no mention - I wasn't too surprised as this stuff is so fluid.

One thing for certain - CAN NOT BE ON THE RED BUTTON.

Us Virgin Media people can't record that automatically, unless someone knows different.

Can't help thinking ESPN will have it - surely makes sense. Wonder what their coverage will be like.

One big big big thing I liked about Sky is the sound - could really turn it up and get the engine sounds, rather than have them completely drowned out by the commentators.

Lovely sound levels Sky - best by far in the business.

Watch some GT racing on something like Motors, and you can barely hear them.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    Watch some GT racing on something like Motors, and you can barely hear them.
    That may be more to do with the exhaust systems on the cars, the sheer quantity of the cars and the fact that they are in a relatively enclosed space than the sound levels the TV producers use. if you have ever heard a NASCAR Cup Series Car up close they are seriously load, as one might expect from a race prepared 5.3 litre V8 with a straight through exhaust. GT cars have much more effective silencers on the exhaust and the diesel prototypes rev so low and have such big turbos (a turbo also acts as a silencer) that you can barely hear the engine over the road noise at speed! I think the only thing to rival NASCAR for sheer volume has to be F1, which is just ludicrously loud!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by philipbain
    That may be more to do with the exhaust systems on the cars, the sheer quantity of the cars and the fact that they are in a relatively enclosed space than the sound levels the TV producers use. if you have ever heard a NASCAR Cup Series Car up close they are seriously load, as one might expect from a race prepared 5.3 litre V8 with a straight through exhaust. GT cars have much more effective silencers on the exhaust and the diesel prototypes rev so low and have such big turbos (a turbo also acts as a silencer) that you can barely hear the engine over the road noise at speed! I think the only thing to rival NASCAR for sheer volume has to be F1, which is just ludicrously loud!

I was at Michigan in June for the Cup race and I must say I was surprised as to how loud the cars are. Earplugs were definitely required for 3 hours of racing....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was at all the races at Lowes on Coke 600 weekend 2007. Funnily enough, we turned up, and was chatting to security guy a turn three where the tunnel is, and a truck went by. Couldn't see it, but we were literally right under the track surface, and my other half ducked as it went by.
    Very funny.

Still not sure every other race car on the planet has an exhaust note quieter than our completely standard Honda Civic. More could be done is all I am saying.

Anyone hear about next year's TV broadcast contracts yet?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Havent seen anything yet.

I hope we dont end up with the same situation we had a couple of years ago with no news until the day before the Daytona 500. And that wasnt good news, i ended up streaming it off the web.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any news on this yet for 2010?

I can't afford to pay for sky sports and espn, I've been watching streamed stuff and sky+ ing the channel 5 highlights. I never liked skys studio coverage so amateur compared to the fox or espn guys and we missed the warm up.

If it came to espn I'd consider it because I miss the baseball (but not bloody ice hockey). depends on the price?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There was no mention in the sky sports magazine about the Daytona 500 for live next month (february),i'm more or less resigned to not having any nascar on tv for 2010 and if this is the case will be cancelling all my sky subs.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wouldn't read too much into the lack of a mention, last years coverage wasn't confirmed until quite late in the day, the year before was literally 3 days before the race.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The 2010 Nascar Sprint Cup wiki page states,

In Australia, Fox Sports will show all Sprint Cup races live across their networks. Network Ten will also show races on its digital sports multichannel, ONE.
    In Portugal, all races this season will be telecast on SportTv 3, while in Sweden, Viasat Motor will televise the races.
    In nearby Finland, Urheilu+Kanava will telecast the season's events.
    In Great Britain and Ireland, the whole season will again be telecast on Sky Sports
    In Spain Teledeporte telecast six races of the season.
    In Colombia, Speed Channel Latino will broadcast all Sprint Cup races and Nationwide races live, with the eyes specifically on Juan Pablo Montoya's performance.
    In France, ABMoteurs will broadcast all Sprint Cup races live, without advertising.