Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    The terrestrial perspective, once again:

With Five US' Monday evening showing sidelined because they're showing some freakishly tall people throwing balls in fishing nets on a pole (seems pointless as the nets have a big hole in the bottom; perhaps it's just me) I was stuck with the overnight Five showing instead. Not a lot different but you do get Diana Binks waffling on instead of the kick-ass, I mean kick-arse, theme tune. Now Diana knows her stuff, as her F3/GT experience shows, but she gets handed some right tosh to say at this time of night. Mispronouncing Pocono is one thing (I also got it wrong for years) but last year's race was apparently won by Kyle Busch Jr... That'll be Kurt then, who of course is the older of the brothers...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I was just wondering how long NASN has been showing the Nationwide races live for this year? As far as I know they weren't doing at the start of the season. I finally crumbled and subscribed to Setanta because their football package is so strong for this season, but live NNS is the icing on the cake. Do they tend to show the pre-race stuff?
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi

but live NNS is the icing on the cake. Do they tend to show the pre-race stuff?

As far as I know, there is no live broadcast - repeat on Monday afternoons - and no pre-race show that I have seen. Sometimes, my V+ box misses it because they have baseball on despite the EPG showing NASCAR, so I record a few hours afterwards too just in case they cock it up yet again - they have done at least twice so far, or someone has screwed it up ---- NASN or Virgin, someone.

Anyway, nothing live.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    skys still rubbish , still fed up with them , idiots.Rubbish attempt at post race interviews , boring commentry from sky studio and why cant they just go back to the states tv network after the break , think they like their voices to much .
    IN A NUTSHELL SKY . JUST STICK TO SOCCER AND LEAVE NASCAR TO FOX ,TNT AND ESPN.DONT TRY TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN PLEASE
    ROUSHFENWAY RULES
    6 16 17 26 99 :burnout: 24 48:arrows:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colinspooky
    As far as I know, there is no live broadcast - repeat on Monday afternoons - and no pre-race show that I have seen. Sometimes, my V+ box misses it because they have baseball on despite the EPG showing NASCAR, so I record a few hours afterwards too just in case they cock it up yet again - they have done at least twice so far, or someone has screwed it up ---- NASN or Virgin, someone.

Anyway, nothing live.
    NASN has shown recently many Nationwide races live including some pre shows.Excellent.And even if there is rain delay they still stay on Nascar.Next one is next saturday night 2.00. 3 and half hours live + NASN show at least 4 magazine type programes(latest news, interviews and panel) every week. This all just ten pounds a month(one pound 43pence a programe)
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blown50stang
    skys still rubbish , still fed up with them , idiots.Rubbish attempt at post race interviews , boring commentry from sky studio and why cant they just go back to the states tv network after the break , think they like their voices to much .
    IN A NUTSHELL SKY . JUST STICK TO SOCCER AND LEAVE NASCAR TO FOX ,TNT AND ESPN.DONT TRY TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN PLEASE
    Sky commentary comes only then americans are having add breaks.So you miss nothing from USA. I know quite a lot of Nascar and in my humble view Sky commentary is quite good as long they keep that Robin guy away. We used to have pre shows in NASN but not in Sky,which is pity. Anyhow now with Sky and NASN we never have had it so good before.
    leftfootbraking.com
    brake to steer
    where there is a shark, there is a finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blown50stang
    Sky's coverage is perfectly fine- the studio stuff happens during one of the many many ad breaks at the US end and the UK team are doing a damn fine job at providing additional info to viewers new to NASCAR

and to put it bluntly without the Sky deal we wouldn't have any live Sprint Cup coverage this year so moan away if you like but the alternative is not having live race coverage at all or spending 5 hours in front of the PC watching over the web- and if you think you can do a better job contact Sky Sports and volunteer your services

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    and to put it bluntly without the Sky deal we wouldn't have any live Sprint Cup coverage this year
    Actually, you are wrong. It would have been on NASN, where it would be unspoilt (ie no Sky blokes).

Quote Originally Posted by djparky
    so moan away if you like but the alternative is not having live race coverage at all or spending 5 hours in front of the PC watching over the web- and if you think you can do a better job contact Sky Sports and volunteer your services
    PM me the application form. I can do a better job.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Also theres the cost issue.Lets face it theres bugger all worth watching on the sky entertainment packages,if it wasnt for sprint cup i wouldnt have any sky subscription.So its costing me £34 per month instead of £13 per month.
    The plus side of sky is when it rains my skybox doesnt freeze as often on sky sports as it does on NASN.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delenn
    Actually, you are wrong. It would have been on NASN, where it would be unspoilt (ie no Sky blokes).
    Wow your so right! I mean the worst thing NASN ever did was basically say screw you when the race was rain delayed, you got no coverage and no replay. Of course thats nothing compared to the atrocities we have to put up with over at sky...
    Go Kyle Busch and the 18 car! :)