Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yep, we have a big 42 plasma TV and the picture quality was much improved this week, absolutely equal to any other non-HD channel. And last week we were thankful to have it at all and it was certainly acceptable enough.

Thumbs up again to Open Access TV - thanks guys, whoever you are!
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    thanks to the open access nascar team.

No idea how such an obscure channel get to show us NASCAR but I'm just grateful they do.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    It's the racing that's important, not about it being in 1020HD quality with super annoy your neighbours surround sound.
    I'm not trying to nit-pick but it's 1080, lol

but yes, this weeks coverage was a vast improvement on last week, although my sky+hd box stopped recording at 10 even though the race wasn't over. i think i'll be setting a manual record for it every week now to cater for any over-run.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    I'm not trying to nit-pick but it's 1080, lol

but yes, this weeks coverage was a vast improvement on last week, although my sky+hd box stopped recording at 10 even though the race wasn't over. i think i'll be setting a manual record for it every week now to cater for any over-run.
    Geek Alert LOL, I banish you to the F1 nerds stand.

It's fine, my 50" something on the wall looked fine with the magic box that is connected to a dish of somesort. I am still amazed how they get the little blue circle to go round in circles.
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by earnhardt8
    Hello... if you pm me you email address i'll send u some of the pics we took of baby busch in Daytona

Jackie x
    Hi did you get my PM?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not got a Sky box so no open access for me

However, how bad is that one hour highlight show? Random jumps it seems - no sense of continuity at all........

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree Colinspooky. The first half hour is very random, just showing bits and pieces. It's like it builds up to the last two dozen laps which then get shown in with no jumps.

I suppose the highlights are better than nothing.
    I aim to live forever - so far so good...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With so many channels going off air overnight, you would think they could show it ALL through the night so we could at least record it

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

A quick question to my friends across the pond...

I'm trying to clean up the page a little, we have way to many "sticky items" at the top of the page. I'm trying to gauge just how interested y'all are at keeping this stuck at the top of the page, or would you mind if I unstuck it like a normal thread.

I realize I could just do it, but I really wanted your thoughts since this thread exists specifically for our British friends.

Cheers
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Given that most of the people in here are UK based, and that we have tv coverage set for this year, I'd be happy for it to be unstickified. Pressing the next page button to get at this thread isn't that tricky after all!