Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Four fly away events should be adequate each year. In order to have a presence on at least 5 continents each year. 2009 is basically an up scaled European Rally Championship with just two events outside Europe.

One event should be in Asia, North/South America, Oceania & Africa/Middle East to ensure a World Championship.

The current rotation system is off balance in this regard. Plus I think 12 events is a more practical number for each year to allow for this, plus having the majority of events still in Europe where the biggest fan base is.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Won't Bulgaria and Poland BE part of Russia in a few years?

LOL

In summary, these calendars are a disaster. Leaving out key traditional events (Finland, GB, MC, Sweden) can only undermine the strength of the WRC series.

I'm all for "world tour", but can't we get rid of Turkey,Cyprus, Sardinia (or move it back to San Remo)?

'Skipping' years between events has to be a pain in the ass to organizers.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why would you want to get rid of Cyprus, it's a good and challenging rally, just because the media label it as a hot car breaker rally, it's not that bad and you need to have good technique to conquer the rally.

I would love to see San Remo back in the WRC, but at the momement there are around 20 good rallies that "should" be in the WRC, yet, only 12 will be part of the WRC each year, sadly, the only solution is to rotate. But starting the season anywhere else but Monte Carlo is just wrong,

Personally, I can't think of a perfect solution. Manufacturers want around 12 events per season due to costs, on the other hand I would love to have more because a good event will always miss out.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Intresting read by J. Mahonen unfortunatelly only in Finnish but maybe someone will translate it to english...if I were you would not start to plan any trips based on 2010 calendar...

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/s...i/default.html
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    The info is from J.Mahonen, member of the FIA rally comission.

hmmm...??? and what means this now? http://www.motorsportforums.com/foru...d.php?t=123464

sportpolitics? Are this fights between FIA/WRC and some Rally-Organisations about the new Calendar and Rotation-System?
    Or is the WRC/FIA loosing some of the older Events?

Sombody with more Italian Language to translate this, please.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Intresting read by J. Mahonen unfortunatelly only in Finnish but maybe someone will translate it to english...if I were you would not start to plan any trips based on 2010 calendar...

http://www.nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/s...i/default.html
    Considering the fact that 2009 and 2010 calendars are draft versions only, I don't have to read anything to agree with you.

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    Considering that the WRC does not have a power figure like Ecclestone in F1, who is famous for his playing games with calendars in order to increase the value of a Grand Prix especially for himself. I am now left wondering if this could be part of a similar powerplay by the FIA amongst teams, the events & other concerned parties.

We all know there is no such thing as a scared F1GP with B.E. ready to sell to the highest bidder. That logic & madness could be the drive behind these calendars.

Give the teams exactly what they want in having a shorter 12 event calendar but then leave them squirming because of the mix of events under rotation. The teams could soon be screaming for a return to a longer calendar. which the FIA can sell at a higher cost to see who of the 24 rallies gets in. Could be a nice little earner in this light.

How is this for a conspiracy concept?
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Livewireshock
    Considering that the WRC does not have a power figure like Ecclestone in F1, who is famous for his playing games with calendars in order to increase the value of a Grand Prix especially for himself. I am now left wondering if this could be part of a similar powerplay by the FIA amongst teams, the events & other concerned parties.

We all know there is no such thing as a scared F1GP with B.E. ready to sell to the highest bidder. That logic & madness could be the drive behind these calendars.

Give the teams exactly what they want in having a shorter 12 event calendar but then leave them squirming because of the mix of events under rotation. The teams could soon be screaming for a return to a longer calendar. which the FIA can sell at a higher cost to see who of the 24 rallies gets in. Could be a nice little earner in this light.

How is this for a conspiracy concept?
    I hope that's all that it is. Whilst I understand money has to be made, I don't want it to come at the expense of the Championship or sporting considerations. 12 events is enough, keep the 'classics' that leaves 7 or 8 events to rotate.
    I don't want events getting on the calendar because they bid the most money, look at F1, there are races on the calendar that shouldn't be on it, but because of money, they are. I don't want WRC going like that if it can help it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???