Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I suppose fair play to them for getting these calendars out so early. At least now teams and prospective teams (pretty please) have some idea about the future and something to work towards. But like Lousada says there will no doubt be a couple of changes before we get to 2009.

From a personal point of view it would have been nice to have Ireland and Wales on alternate years. I'm more bothered about the type of cars that will be running then where the rounds themselves are situated.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    I too am surprised to see Russia, Indonesia and Bulgaria on the calendars but will reserve judgement until they run. Might be that they are good events! I sometimes think that whatever the FIA do there are some that will always complain. Variety is the spice of life in rallying and I don't think that there should be any "classic" events in every year in this system, where would we stop? Monte, Sweden, Portugal, Greece, New Zealand, Australia, Safari, Finland, Argentina, Corsica, Catalunya, GB... I'll watch the WRC wherever it goes, and on the event(s) I particularly love, will enjoy them all the more every two years

Better side impact measures and window nets can only be a good thing IMHO
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryst
    What are FIA on! missing classic events will not enhance the world wide appeal of the sport how can you have a season without Monte,Finland,Wales,Sweden etc. FIA ARE IDIOTS.
    National rally clubs -and I 've heard- manufactures can choose the calender. They vote for it. Who is the FIA in this case? The people who selected the rallies which can voted?
    This make it more and more a World Championship.

Citroen needs a gravel driver in 2009/2010. Ther are less tarmac rallies. So far I count 2. Didn't know what rallies these are: Do some know what surface is of:
    Poland (Is it gravel?)
    Indonesia (?)
    Russia (IRC '07 gravel rally?)
    Bulgaria (?)

Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada
    Anyway, knowing the FIA, this calendar and probably the whole philosophy will change another 1293840202 times before 2009 and 2010.
    Right!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let me reiterate what most others are saying- No Monte, Finland, Sweden and GB is the wrong way to go. They are the most iconic, popular, entertaining and classic rallies of the calendar and the should be PERMANANT!

I think 12 rallies is the way to go but you have to keep the soul of the championship. Like A.F.F I'll look forward to indonesia though, that rally was great.

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duff
    Let me reiterate what most others are saying- No Monte, Finland, Sweden and GB is the wrong way to go. They are the most iconic, popular, entertaining and classic rallies of the calendar and the should be PERMANANT!
    Ok, but why not my favourite event CYPRUS, I believe that should be permanent too?

Oh, and let's have Ireland as permanent as well, it was quite interesting.

And Turkey, we definitely need a Turkish event.

And why not Germany and of course we can't forget the middle east so Jordan has to stay in also.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    This news came out on Friday/Saturday and I've been waiting to comment since then. They really know how to shoot themselves in the foot don't they? Remember 1994-96 when there was rotation, it didn't work; 1995 didn't have 1000 Lakes, 1996 didn't have Monte or RAC, and as Iwent to the RAC it was a damp( actually a snowy, icey) squib. Don't they ever learn, the WRC needs all the help it can get, so losing your big Rallies isn't the way to go, the 'classics' should run permamently, i;e Monte, Acropolis, Finland, GB. What bizarre statements will be next? I'm not sure some of the new countries are going to offer anything new, if there was a new mixed surface event, well possibly, but it's mainly gravel, and still no Safari....
    ....and why is GB running in October? Over here there hasn't been much outcry that we're losing a round, imagine if it had been the British GP.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    No Finland? WTF??????
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Nice to see that the rounds are limited to 12....The selection is stupid though...i think the FIA must adopt 5-6 rounds that should be included every year (as long as they pass the standards) and rotate the remaining rounds

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    The problem with having a rotational system is that every rally must sit out a year.

If you want to have "classic" events that are used year after year, you will be confronted by 20 different rallies as to why they should be made permanent. Because everyone wants to be there & everyone will be passionate for their favourite event, especially for their local rally.

By restricting the calendar to only 10 rallies a year limits the amount of venues the WRC can attend. As it stands, 8 out of 10 WRC rallies in 2009 will be held in Europe, so it hardly makes it a World Chapionship. In 2010, 6 out of the 10 events will be within Europe, with Jordan just being that little bit further.

So regardless of what most of you say, 60-80% of the events are going to be with in a 4 hour flight of most of Europe. So access & transport can not be considered an issue for any fan. With low cost airlines & such, travel is easier than ever.

Plus by having the WRC in new countries will open those countries up to become greater hard core Rally fans. It is too early to tell if the events will be good or not, but we should not put the cart before the horse in this matter. We could be surprised & see new venues full of ecstatic fans with great reports from the drivers to the quality of the roads etc....

Personally I think 10 events are too few, twelve would have been better with at least 4 long haul events per year, one each in South America, Asia, Africa & Oceania. As it currently stands, we have three rallies in Asia in 2010 but none in 2009 & I guess none in 2011.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"