Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 27 Times in 15 Posts

Calendar 2009/2010

I get almost a hart attack when I saw this. New rallies, unknown what surface and missed a lot of quality, classic rallies.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press...071207-14.html

WORLD RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP

The following calendars have been adopted for the 2009 and 2010 seasons of the FIA World Rally Championship.

2009 FIA World Rally Championship
    01-Feb Ireland
    15-Feb Norway
    15-Mar Cyprus
    05-Apr Portugal
    26-Apr Argentina
    24-May Italy
    14-Jun Greece
    28-Jun Poland
    02-Aug Finland
    06-Sep Australia
    04-Oct Spain
    25-Oct GB

2010 FIA World Rally Championship
    24-Jan Monte Carlo
    14-Feb Sweden
    07-Mar Mexico
    11-Apr Jordan
    25-Apr Turkey
    16-May New Zealand
    20-Jun Indonesia
    18-Jul Russia
    08-Aug Bulgaria
    22-Aug Germany
    12-Sep Japan
    10-Oct France

A number of measures to improve side impact protection have been adopted for all manufacturer cars in the 2008 World Rally Championship. The safety measures allow for more space for absorbing energy; a stronger supporting seat; an energy absorber; safety nets and optimised belt anchorage positions.

Further side impact measures, including strong seat rails and a load spreading door cage, will be applied as soon as the manufacturers and the equipment suppliers are able to comply.

The FIA Junior Rally Championship has been reinstated as a world series (FIA Junior World Rally Championship) as it now runs over three continents.

Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    What do Russia and Bulgaria compare to? Is Rally Libanon in Bulgaria? The big loss for 2010 is Finland i think, you can't do a season without Finland, it's just to good.

If you don't remember how good it is
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...fa00cfd828.htm
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hmm...I really have to get used to this. I don't know if country's like Poland, Turkey, Russia and Bulgaria add something new to the scene. To my knowledge, most of the rallies on both calenders are on gravel, so I don't know what the hell FIA was thinking. I doubt w'll see mixed surface events in Portugal and Italy to be honest. FIA might underline mixed surface events different than we thought (like adding a bunch of SSS...)

Nope, doesn't do it for me...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought from the beginning that this idea was born dead. And it sure is if you look at this calender. No Monte, Sweden or NZ in 2009 or Finland and Wales in 2010. What a joke!

Especially 2010 is ridiculous. Turkey, Indonesia, Russia, Bulgaria. I can hardly wait.

Somehow it seems to me that FIA is using all the possible ways to make this sport even LESS popular.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my opinion is not so negative. it is true that some of very good events will be missing but events like russia, bolgaria, indonesia, jordan can aslo become spectacular?i more negative to only 12 events per years
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Some rally's like Finland, Wales and surely the Monte Carlo should be on the calendar every year. And the Safari should come back to WRC (I'm dreaming).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodeye
    I thought from the beginning that this idea was born dead. And it sure is if you look at this calender. No Monte, Sweden or NZ in 2009 or Finland and Wales in 2010. What a joke!

Especially 2010 is ridiculous. Turkey, Indonesia, Russia, Bulgaria. I can hardly wait.

Somehow it seems to me that FIA is using all the possible ways to make this sport even LESS popular.

I for one am intrigued to see Rally Russia and Rally Indonesia, however, no NZ, GB, and Finland each year? That is a crime against rally....
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I excited to see Indonesia back. How about that mud

What I'm worried is that are the championships equal every year ?? Of course they are but how they are gained ? Some years may suit better to others.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What are FIA on! missing classic events will not enhance the world wide appeal of the sport how can you have a season without Monte,Finland,Wales,Sweden etc. FIA ARE IDIOTS.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Surprising calendar. That there are only 12 events is a very big plus in my opinion.
    I too am intrigued by some of the rallies. Where did Indonesia and Bulgaria suddenly come from??? I presume Russia is the IRC-rally that moves over. Alternating the rallies looks a little odd. But in my opinion rallies like GB and Monte Carlo have been so dumbed down and average that it doesn't really matter.

Anyway, knowing the FIA, this calendar and probably the whole philosophy will change another 1293840202 times before 2009 and 2010.