Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Exactly so why bash/criticize so much this serie, if it's the only way for some drivers to compete and show their skills ? Would love to hear one of our Finn expert about it...
    Not an expert, but would it not be better to show your skills there where you are supposed to drive in the future? If your aim is not the top of the sport its the same what series you drive, but if your goal is WRC with the current recce system you are out right at start compaired to those who have doing PWRC or simular, I cant see how its so difficult to understand that.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    ... Can you show me how much cheaper it is compared to PWRC season because that is the comparison we have been talking about.
    No we are discussing a Championship that according to our friend Tomi is for ladies only. Read this thread again

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Not an expert, but would it not be better to show your skills there where you are supposed to drive in the future?
    And if you don't have money/sponsor to buy you a seat or you 're not as good as Loeb, Mikko, Petter etc..what you're supposed to do ? Compete in PWRC ? Is that Serie better than IRC ? I don't think so...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my opinion the IRC is okay, you just have to see in the right perspective, which is that it's a notch (or two) below the WRC in all the areas of cars, drivers, teams etc.
    I for one also think that all the IRC guys would not be able to challenge for WRC wins, even if they get works seats. Some of them might be good tarmac drivers, but still I don't they are of the same caliber (at least for now, anyway).
    באמת הלכת לגוגל לתרגם את זה? פראייר

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And if you don't have money/sponsor to buy you a seat or you 're not as good as Loeb, Mikko, Petter etc..what you're supposed to do ? Compete in PWRC ? Is that Serie better than IRC ? I don't think so...
    They can offcourse drive where ever they like, I just commented Alens doings, it would be sad to see a talent like him going to waste. In PWRC you are infront of the eyes that of the guys who deside about the seats and drive the right events.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Off course the PWRC is much better than the IRC.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Do you guys honestly think that talents won't be found from other series too ?? LOL.

If Abarth want to compete in IRC rather than PWRC, it's their pussy strategy. Alen has chosen this path and I don't see how it's a complete waste of time ??? IMO experience is more than experience of those stages used in PWRC/WRC.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Do you guys honestly think that talents won't be found from other series too ?? LOL.
    Offcourse they can, but cant remember a single one now that has been picked from IRC or ERC, but from WRC related many, maybe you can tell a few just to remind.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza
    Off course the PWRC is much better than the IRC.
    It all depends from what perspective you look at it. From manufactures point of view IRC is certainly better. From gaining experience and preparing for WRC, PWRC is better.

I also don't think IRC guys would be fast enough to beat the WRC guys in the same cars, however if you see guys like Basso, Alen, Voullioz, IMO they would certainly be able to beat Stohl, H Solberg, Wilson, ... Never the less, guys that have the experience of driving the WRC for several years have a VERY big advantage over the rookies that just come in.
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    When, seriously, did someone last progress from pWRC to a WRC drive? I mean who won this year? Arai. I don't see him going anywhere soon.

pWRC lacks competitive drivers, has only 2 car makes, almost zero publicity and for 2008 no tarmac rounds but I guess that last part suits the Finns eh? Teasing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS
    pWRC lacks competitive drivers, has only 2 car makes, almost zero publicity and for 2008 no tarmac rounds but I guess that last part suits the Finns eh? Teasing
    I dont see anything wrong with 2 about equal carmakes, it separate drivers from tourists, what comes to Arai, if i dont remember wrong also Arai has had his chanses with WRC cars, the lacking of tarmac is not a problem at all, tarmac you can go and training easily somewhere in central europe, often the organiser even pay your bills.
    Aja kovaa Pena.