Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    No I don't. When these guys are ready for WRC, who knows what rallies there are, might as well be those they drove in IRC.
    Naah only one maybe two are events that have chances to be in WRC calendar and that won't take you far...in a 24 events rotation calendar.

Capice or do you want me to hand you the barbwire so that you can play with it?
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Naah only one maybe two are events that have chances to be in WRC calendar and that won't take you far...in a 24 events rotation calendar.

You dont know, how far is your answer from reality. You will see in next years...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    You dont know, how far is your answer from reality. You will see in next years...
    How do I get somekind of deja vue feeling, was this not the same some guys said about the great ERC a few years back too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    Kindly define what you mean by "next years"? WRC calendar for next two years is pretty much set and I don't see any former IRC events in there?

Of course anything can happen but the only two events from the current IRC calendar that have a possibility to be in WRC are Russia and China, and even with those earliest 2010.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Please do. The whole point was that someone can call IRC ladiesstuff without having watched it
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    Please do. The whole point was that someone can call IRC ladiesstuff without having watched it
    it is ladystuff, someone call s2000 spectacular because of the sound of the car too.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Figures what? If you aim to WRC it would be better to get the experience from rallies that are part of WRC rather than IRC, don't you think so?
    I disagree. As noted already, future champs should be equally dominant on both, gravel and asphalt. Currently PWRC is mostly gravel, therefore IRC is the best Alen can get in terms of asphalt experience. I must say, few guys in IRC are even better then Loeb on asphalt, and Alen wasn't far behind them. I see great future for Alen in IRC and then in WRC.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    PWRC is all gravel (+1snow event) 2008
    IRC is good for tarmac training
    Abarth make desicions what they will drive, not A.Alen him self.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    pity that a good driver gets involved in such ladystuff, better would be to drive the WRC stages.
    I suggest that both You and Don Jippo go and watch a single event before you criticize this Serie so much...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I suggest that both You and Don Jippo go and watch a single event before you criticize this Serie so much...
    By any chance are you referring with this to the fact that you were in San Remo this year? Knowing a bit of your backround I would say that this event has a special place in your heart and therefore it would be great event for you being it part of any series, WRC, IRC, ERC etc etc. I am wondering if you would have the same feeling if you went to see IRC for example in China were the entrylist was not really great, was there any of the IRC contenders in China?

Surely there are good elements in IRC but being a serious series don't you think there should be at least competitors in each event...could you imaging a season ending Wales Rally GB being run without any WRC contenders?