Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    And about the drivers from ERC or IRC, who has made it to the top?

From IRC, none. Like you know, IRC is a pretty young serie and the driver flow has been other way around. Former WRC drivers are heading to IRC.

About ERC I don't know.

But the point from spotting the talents wasn't that. I rather pointing the future, not past.
    Another Flying Finn

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A.F.F.
    But the point from spotting the talents wasn't that. I rather pointing the future, not past.
    Talents can be spotted every where but it's about what you do with the talent...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    I don't see why IRC drivers should be future world champions? IMO it's allready very cool to be a tense series by itself. Let WRC do its thing and let IRC do it. It is not supposed to be that way, it's of course nice if it could bring WRC champions.

So don't say, "IRC sucks, because it doesn't bring you future WRC champs".

I think it is great we see 'older' WRC drivers battling young rookie drivers, if it is a nice battle in rally's, I want it all!
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    Talents can be spotted every where but it's about what you do with the talent...
    Now WTF was that suppose to mean ??

Is it better to go with PWRC or JWRC to drive and gain experience from the actual rally stages driven in WRC rallies. Which are supposely more expensive and you most probably won't get much of attention, based on what, let's say former PWRC champions or rally winners even?

Or

Is it better to drive IRC, supposely cheaper machinery, easier entry list and try to shine there and maybe get noticed ??

I honestly don't know what is the straightest way to heaven but when we come to the original question, I don't think IRC is ladies stuff until there are Natalie Barrett driving against Michele Mouton. It's great idea to improve rallying to greater audience and with greater chance to get your fifteen seconds of fame.
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    It also gives a chance to Manufacturers to dip their toe into Rallying, to see whether they like it or not without spending a fortune on the WRC. After all, we still don't know for sure what the future WRCars are going to be, the F1A like to change their minds.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I think that no matter the stages JRC is good for nothing. No competition, no need to grow. Realy don't think it is usefull these days (except to win it and get the Citroën junior prize - some WRC runs)...

But I think that big minus for IRC is too much tarmac rallys. And that also make it different to PCWRC. Don't think that gravel runners from PCWRC would want to compete in tarmac IRC and vice versa. By the way the results in PCWRC are good for nothing, if You want to go higher, You must pay and You don't need PCWRC to go into WRC if You have budget. The good thing is some knowledge of stages but with new rotation system? Who knows where they will compete next time...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump