Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rare rally memorabilia on e-bay to support the family of a former rally driver (RIP)

This cause is a little US centric but I think there are quite a few rally fans on this forum that might find the piece worth having.

Scott Crouch and the Flatirons Tuning Rally Team have posted a special piece of 2006 X Games Rally memorabilia on E-Bay with the full proceeds going to the Jakes Himes Family Benefit Fund*.

The item is an autographed piece of the bumper from Tanner Foust and Scott Crouch's X Games Rockstar Energy Drink Rally Car. It features autographs from Travis Pastrana, Christian Edstrom, Ken Block, Alex Gelsomino, Tanner Foust, Scott Crouch, Colin McRae, Nicky Grist, and the Vermont Sports Car supplied crew that supported Tanner and Scott at the first ESPN Summer X Games Rally Car event in 2006.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=200180783009

Please bid early and bid often so we can raise more money to help support Jake's family through their loss. Feel free to link to as many other sites as well, the more people that are aware of this rare piece of memorabilia the more money we can raise for such a good cause! This piece was signed during one of Colin's last competitive outings and is truly one of a kind. It has been graciously donated in an attempt to help the family of someone who loved and lived rally every moment of every day up until the end of his life.

On behalf of Scott Crouch and the Flatirons Tuning Rally Team, thank you and happy bidding!

We are prepared to ship over seas if necessary but the shipping rate will be increased to reflect the difference in shipping costs.

* For those not familiar with Jake Himes and the Family Benefit Fund...
    Jake Himes was a very passionate and dedicated rallyist in the US. Besides being one of the best living embodiments of the community aspect and the "Sisu" rally spirit, Jake loved rally with every ounce of his being. His passion lead him to help fund, establish, and launch the Max Attack triple crown 2wd rally series to promote the level of 2wd rally competition; all while fighting extremely aggressive bone cancer. Jake spent the last months of his life getting out to rallies and doing what he could to get people to push their limits and live their dream all in the name of rallying. Jake passed away in September leaving behind a wife and four children who not only lost their father but the family's source of income. The Jake Himes Family Benefit Fund has been set up to provide any assistance possible for the family as they work through this loss and if possible to help ensure that the family can be taken care of as long as possible if a need should arise.

PS to any moderators that feel this thread is in appropriate, please accept my apologies. I attempted to contact some moderators through PM to gain approval but after waiting 24 hours with out a response I have gone ahead an posted.
    US Hillclimb and Rally Photos
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Thread is OK !

Quote Originally Posted by L5->R5/CR

PS to any moderators that feel this thread is in appropriate, please accept my apologies. I attempted to contact some moderators through PM to gain approval but after waiting 24 hours with out a response I have gone ahead an posted.
    I did PM you my OK yesterday
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I did PM you my OK yesterday

I did get it but never got an alert of any sort?

Need to check my settings again.

And thank you, we just want this to raise the most possible money for a family whose father gave so much of himself to the sport of rallying in the US.
    KevinHahnPhotography.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's certainly for a good cause, and will have my best wishes for a healthy dollar amount in the end.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bump for less than 12 hours remaining for a good cause.
    KevinHahnPhotography.com