Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Q&A with Robin Miller

Robin talks about the IRL and Champ Car in this 100% true, legit interview:

http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/...bin_.html#more
    racing humor: pressdog.com

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Pressdog, I scooped you in a sense. I promoted your interview on the Champ Car board, but they closed it when it became a "lets bash TG" fest, so I hope on here, the postings will be more constructive.

Excellent job, and of course, you had a willing subject to Interview. Love him or hate him, you know exactly where he is coming from....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey. Thanks for posting me. The mods can nuke this if it's already been posted. I wasn't aware.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Dog, it wasn't your interview that did the closing, it was the discussion that followed. As per usual, a discourse on a Champ Car vs Tony George broke out and Starter has decided that the denizens of the Champ Car board should not be discussing the merits of Mr. George. If a bashing of Champ Car and KK take place here as a result of the Miller interview, then the fate will be the same.... but I suspect this wont happen.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No problem. I found the thread on the CC board and understand why it was closed. I know how it goes. Some people are just super-passionate about this whole deal and have some pretty intense feelings about The Split as two whose fault it was, who screwed who, yada yada yada. And Robin tends to bring out the venom from people.

I'm more of a race-and-let-race guy. To each his or her own -- that kind of thing. I used to be just an IRL fan but in the last couple of years CC has really grown on me. Now I enjoy aspects of both series and watch all the IRL and CCWS races every year. I appreciate the posting and discussion.

--pdog

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Well, that speaks to your merits as a journalist. I'd always assumed you were a CART refugee (like several of us). It's not easy being a refugee these days. You're not fully welcome anywhere, or so it seems.

But you do a fine job with your interviews. I always enjoy reading your pieces.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Dog, your site is a must read for anyone on either side of the OW divide. Your interview of Miller is a step up and it is something I hope you do more of.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    Well, that speaks to your merits as a journalist. I'd always assumed you were a CART refugee (like several of us). It's not easy being a refugee these days. You're not fully welcome anywhere, or so it seems.

But you do a fine job with your interviews. I always enjoy reading your pieces.
    Thanks. I'm trying to do more Q&As along with the made-up, goofy stuff.

I know how you feel re: refugee. No homeland of our own. I honestly enjoy both series. The street/road racing in CCWS, with the alternate tires, requires a waaaaaaay different strategy than oval racing. It's almost having both sides of your brain (left and right) be equal strength or something. Either that or I'm bi-polar.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Dog, you may be just deranged. That is ok, being deranged is a good thing to be in a mad mad world. Lets face it, you don't have to make up too much with Champ Car and the IRL. If it wasn't so sad, it would be be hysterical.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Always a scream PressDog! Please keep your good work coming!
    We\'ve got loud guitars and big suspicions, great big guns and small ambitions, and we still argue over who is God. Hey there miscreation, bring a flower time is wasting. It\'s hard to make a stand. /Sheryl Crow